cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R3E BE Reboot Failure

Retired
Not applicable
Ive posted this in a couple other threads that seemed to be started by people that had similar problems to mine, only problem was that none of them had solutions.

My problems may be a unique one, so Ill try to include all details I can here.

The hardware in my rig is as follows:
CPU: i7 990x
MOBO: Rampage 3 Extreme Black Edition
GPU: EVGA GTX 590 Classified (x2)
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 12GB
SDD: Corsair Force GT 120GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB (x2)
HDD: Western Digital 300GB Raptors (x2)
RAID: Hipoint RAID controller
PSU: Corsair AX1200
PSU: OCZ Fatality 550W

The rig is water cooled, and the smaller PSU controls the fans and everything related to cooling.

The issue is, after successfully achieving a boot to the BIOS and installing Win7, i began installing drivers. After installing the BlueTooth driver I was prompted to restart the machine.. The computer never completed that restart. It remained at a black screen until I cut the power.

When I tried to boot the rig again, it stayed at the blank screen and displayed error F.F. on the LED readout. I cant boot to windows, I cant even get the bios to post anymore.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.. This isnt my first build, but i am just at a loss here....

Thank you
14 REPLIES 14

Raja
Level 13
Was the rig overclocked?

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Nope, everything is brand new out of the box.

Edit: Update

New Error Code; 85

Raja
Level 13
Okay, do this: Remove power from the board, remove the CPU from the socket and then clear CMOS. Re-insert CPU, mount the cooler and then place a single memory module in one of the memory channels (use a working slot, your manual will tell you which slots to occupy first). After that, power up the board and see if it will POST. Might be an idea to double check all power connectors (EP12V, ATX 12V and PCIe 12V) are secure also.

If that does not work then RMA the board, or try flashing to the latest BIOS using ROG BIOS flashback.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
i tried flashing the bios but when i held the button the amber lights didnt flash... just one was lit and stayed solid..

also... just as another update...

the Q-LED CPU light is lit..

Raja
Level 13
Did you try the empty socket CPU clear???

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Sry im not sure what you are referring to. could you explain?

Opp47 wrote:
Sry im not sure what you are referring to. could you explain?

Clearing CMOS with the CPU removed from the socket.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Was everything in the bios on Auto (default) when you installed the OS? Can you switch to bios #2?

Retired
Not applicable
i just finished re-seating the CPU and i seem to be up and running again... for now.. keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way...

i will keep thread updated

thank you for you extremely timely responses.. greatly appreciated...