cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Asus AI Suite 3

Morais
Level 7
Hello everyone,

First of all I wasn't sure if i was creating this topic in the right section, if this is the wrong place I apologize in advance.

My question is this:
I recently bought a Maximus VII Ranger and a 4690k to go along with it. I know that the Asus AI Suit 3 5-Way Optimization allows for an easy automated overclock, and out of curiosity I wanted to try it but the issue I'm having is that in every video I watch about this software the 5-Way optimization looks something like this:

And what appears on my screen is totally different:

As you can see, in my case I only have the 4.2, 4.4 and 4.6GHz presets, meaning that the software won't overclock gradually until it finds the maximum stable value, instead it will dial in some settings for that particular speed.

Is there anyway I can make it overclock like in this video here?

(see minute 12:45 for example).

Any help is appreciated.
Thank's in advance.

-Morais
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hello Morais, welcome to the ROG forum.

While that might be convenient to use, we here at ROG recommend overclocking manually within the bios. Using the presets is not a good idea either. While it might be convenient as well it may be overvolting your cpu. This is why we do it manually in the bios.

If you'd like some help overclocking your cpu, just start a thread in the overclocking section. Doing it manually is easy and you have more control.

Morais
Level 7
Hello Nate, and thank you for the welcome 😉

Let me start of by saying that you are completely right and I agree with what you said, I had a 3570k for almost 2 years and I never overclocked by software.

I mentioned in my original post that I wanted to do this just out of curiosity, just to see what the software could come up with.
I kind of know how to manually overclock having come from an 3570k system which only required me to change the multiplier and set the Vcore, and that is what I have done with my current 4690k, it is running stable (so far) at 4.5GHz with 1.18V, I haven't changed anything else because it's all pretty much new to me.

But like I said, I only wanted to use the software out of morbid curiosity, but I can't understand why it looks different and has different options than all other videos watch.

Having said all this, is there a more "in-depth" overclocking guide on Z97 that goes beyond multiplier and vcore tinkering that you would recommend me?

Again, thank you for the reply.

-Morais

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The first screenshot you posted is AI Suite for the channel (mainstream) boards. The ROG boards have presets only as your second screenshot shows.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The first screenshot you posted is AI Suite for the channel (mainstream) boards. The ROG boards have presets only as your second screenshot shows.

Ah, so there is a reasonably explanation after all 😛
Thank you Praz.

Do you have anything to add about what I said?
is there a more "in-depth" overclocking guide on Z97 that goes beyond multiplier and vcore tinkering that you would recommend me?

Thank's,
-Morais