cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code dE ??

Nahrga
Level 10
From time to time I have Q-code dE for some reason. The system boots fine and there's no problems, it even changes back to A0 after a restart.
However, I'm curious what the Q code means?, it's not in the manual and I can't seem to find much about if I search for it.

I had my Maximus VII Ranger for about 3 weeks and the dE Q code only showed 2 times so far.

Thanks in advance 🙂

EDIT:
The meaning of the dE Q-code could be "Driver Error".

EDIT2: Or it could mean "Default" as installing the RealTek driver resets soundstage to default I guess. Thanks to Karlo666, I guess this is the right answer.
7 REPLIES 7

Margus
Level 7
i got rid of my Q problems long time but issue was CPU 4/8 pin power cable because asus use in these boards bit thin pins then some other boards and i throught aarrghh something wrong but problem was that power connector cable seated too soft witch caused issues. You can carefully tighten powercable pins but dont rush, just cable not mobo. Myabe its help many users who have Q problems.

Nahrga
Level 10
The dE code is described nowhere and it only showed 2 times.

So if the Q code is caused by a loose connection, how come I can boot fine and the PC runs fine with no problems?
I don't believe the Q-code dE is related to a loose cable, but thanks anyway 🙂

EDIT:
Okaaay, nevermind I think I found the answer here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?49159-VII-Hero-Q-Code-dE-!-!-!/page2
Two people wrote that the dE Q-code appeared after they installed the RealTek audio driver. I actually saw the dE code yesterday after I updated my RealTek audio driver. The first time I saw the dE code was on the first day I got the motherboard where I installed all the drivers.
I believe the dE Q-code is related to the RealTek driver. Or it is related to the "Intel Management Engine Interface" driver somehow..
I'll try to reinstall the Intel Management Engine Interface driver again just to be sure.

EDIT2: Possible meaning of dE Q-code is "Driver Error".

ok i use drivers from http://www.station-drivers.com/ 7474 version drivers i found asus one have too many issues all the time i tryed to use. Asus like to use enhancement his drivers lice optional sound processing witch sounds weird in headset always i not have issues with these drivers witch not include optional config panel its worth to test possible you find there working drivers for your taste

Weard_K
Level 7
Always after reinstalling \ install the driver on the sound chip appears this Q-code ... and disappears after a reboot, it can bug Do not know, do not pay attention.

Karlo666
Level 7
Nahrga wrote:
From time to time I have Q-code dE for some reason. The system boots fine and there's no problems, it even changes back to A0 after a restart.
However, I'm curious what the Q code means?, it's not in the manual and I can't seem to find much about if I search for it.

I had my Maximus VII Ranger for about 3 weeks and the dE Q code only showed 2 times so far.

Thanks in advance 🙂

EDIT:
The meaning of the dE Q-code could be "Driver Error".

If you press Soundstage Button on your Motherboard you will at some point get dE QCode.That means its default.

Karlo666 wrote:
If you press Soundstage Button on your Motherboard you will at some point get dE QCode.That means its default.

Ah, that makes sense 😉

Nahrga wrote:
Ah, that makes sense 😉

Also if you didnt know.
If you install driver from Realtek website you will get dE QCode every boot.
Well the problem lays in modded driver by Asus for this board so just install driver from Asus and delete unwanted stuff like Sonic Radar,ect..