cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-CODE: A2 Please help !!!!

wolverine_r2k
Level 7
Just purchased Maximus V Gene motherboard. Assembled everything in order after reading the manual. Now the problem is that I dont get any display to my monitor (displayport - dvi adapter). All I see is the Q-CODE: A2 & there is no beep while starting as well. I am not able to see BIOS & my monitor is blank. Tried with different moniter, LCD TV but with no success.

Removed everything connection except for CPU, with Fan along with the power supply connected to the motherboard. One 8GB RAM used in DIMM_A2. I can see red LED lights in my motherboard.

My PC config-

Asus Mazimus V Gene motherboard
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 GHz Quad-Core processor
Corsair Vengeance (2*8 GB) 1600MHz
Corsair HX650 PSU
WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive

Please Help !!!!
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the Republic of Gamers forums, wolverine_r2k.

There are 4 QLEDs beside the 24 pin power connector. Do any of them stay lit?

Thanks for your response Chino.

Yes I see a RED LED glowing under BOOT_DEVICE_LCD .

Please note that I only have an external usb DVD drive.

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
No hard drive at all?

Guess you have answered your own question then.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you HiVizMan.

Actually I had connected WD 2 TB Green edition to SATA6 port. I swapped and connected to SATA3.

Now I see A0 as my Q-code but unfortunately i dont see any dislplay in my Monitor. I am using a displayport to DVI connector to my Dell monitor. I have set the monitor to receive digital input. Also, tried auto input but still have no display.

Am I missing something ???

wolverine_r2k wrote:
Thank you HiVizMan.

Actually I had connected WD 2 TB Green edition to SATA6 port. I swapped and connected to SATA3.

Now I see A0 as my Q-code but unfortunately i dont see any dislplay in my Monitor. I am using a displayport to DVI connector to my Dell monitor. I have set the monitor to receive digital input. Also, tried auto input but still have no display.

Am I missing something ???

A0 is the code we want to see. At this stage everything points to a problem with how the video output is being communicated to your DELL Monitor. Make sure you're using an active DP to DVI adapter because if you're using a passive one, it won't work.

greggagnon
Level 7
Remove the dvi adapter and try connecting it without any adapters. I had an issue on the very first time I tried to boot my Maximus V Formula and had nothing on the display and had the exact same symptoms (A2 and Boot Device LED on). Because the DVI adapter did something that made my monitor not display anything, I could not see what was going on.

Once I removed the DVI adapter and hooked it up directly DVI from my card to the monitor, I could then actually see the error because the monitor then worked.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Make sure your VGA is powered correctly. That means the PSU connectors that fit onto the graphic card. And check your cables too.

You can get A0 even when your VGA is not connected correctly. Done that a few times myself.

Or your VGA port that you are using is not-working.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

wolverine_r2k
Level 7
Thank you all for your time, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately my motherboard wont power up anymore. Tried many things but gave up on this. I have contacted my ebay seller & waiting for his reply. Owning this motherboard was a dream for me........ fingers crossed on my seller's reply.
Once again thank you all & good day !!!!

SrDidE
Level 7
Found on http://www.asusqcodes.com
Try to plug the drive you want the OS on and your optical drive only, boot from CD drive. any additional drives makes the bios crazy without a OS yet.