cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 96 after rebooting a few times with extreme vi mb

Hawat
Level 7
Hello,
I've just installed my new pc with an extreme vi maximus mb and a 4770k cpu but when I reboot 3 or 4 times my pc gets stuck at q-code 96, which seems to be assiging pci bus ressources, I only have a single geforce connected on pci-e.
I've tried disabling onboard sound, wifi and bluetooth but that doesn't seem to fix the problem.
My computer is not overclocked at the moment.
Does anyone know what could be the problem ?
18 REPLIES 18

Shamino
try to reseat the cpu and reseat the VGA card.
What card and in what slot may that be?

Its an old 460 gtx that I took from my old computer while waiting for my new gfx card. It is working fine on my old pc when I plug it back I don't see that freeze during reboot on the old pc.
I've been running test all day like prime memtest86 etc.. and no error has been found except for that freeze during reboot.
I've reinstalled the gfx card a few times while trying it back on my old pc, i dont think thats a gfx card seating issue.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you please force PCIe Gen2 in the BIOS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you, i' ll try that.

Hawat
Level 7
That setting didn't help unfortunately.
I've tried without any gfx card connected to the pci-e slot at all with just the internal gpu from the i4770k and all the onboard function disabled and it is still happening.
I've borrowed a friend's cpu and memory to test and unfortunately it still happens with his hardware.
I think I' ll try to go to the shop for a replacement on monday

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yip RMA the board and please do keep us informed as to how it goes.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I got a replacement on the spot with a new board after they tested the board and confirmed the problem, the new board works flawlessly.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you mate for the post and enjoy your hardware.

Hawat
Level 7
Thank you for the help as well.