cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected Price of the Bulldozer

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/95633-amd-bulldozer-fx-pricing-revealed-a-lot-cheaper-than-sand...

The article includes price, release date is still unk. of course it says its not as good as the I-7 but I have yet have a competitor running high end Intel beat me at COD4 ..
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.
33 REPLIES 33

FiNAS wrote:
I even started a thread two months ago or so about this, but it got deleted or moved with no notice. - something I don't understand why - .

I believe that Raja posted an explanation for this already but the reason that your thread was deleted was that everything regarding BD was under NDA and ASUS didn't want it on the forums. Beyond that, as EAC mentioned the source is of questionable quality and speculation based on ES chips is pointless anyway.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
I believe that Raja posted an explanation for this already but the reason that your thread was deleted was that everything regarding BD was under NDA and ASUS didn't want it on the forums. Beyond that, as EAC mentioned the source is of questionable quality and speculation based on ES chips is pointless anyway.

What I didn't understand was the "remove without notice" part. I was expecting some kind of private message, or at least a forum post, but maybe a forum post has been made regarding this that I haven't seen.
The NDA issue is also questionable, as ASUS is not responsable for content posted by it's members. Obviously, this forum is owned by ASUS, so it obviously can do whatever it wants.

Maybe a forum FAQ with clear rules as to what content is admissible or not would help.

FiNAS wrote:
What I didn't understand was the "remove without notice" part. I was expecting some kind of private message, or at least a forum post, but maybe a forum post has been made regarding this that I haven't seen.
The NDA issue is also questionable, as ASUS is not responsable for content posted by it's members. Obviously, this forum is owned by ASUS, so it obviously can do whatever it wants.

Maybe a forum FAQ with clear rules as to what content is admissible or not would help.

Sorry you felt left out of the loop. You can always feel free to ask about a moderator decision (just make sure to calm down first if you are upset 🙂 )

WRT NDA: I suspect this would be handled on a case by case basis even if we did have a FAQ. The impact of a blurry photo is very different than benchmarks for example. People often let pictures slide because it just harmlessly builds hype. Benchmarks based on engineering samples could unfairly damage the reputation of a product so those are more likely to be disallowed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
(just make sure to calm down first if you are upset 🙂 )

I'm quite respectfull of others, and it's very hard to for something to drive me mad.

Anyway for me it's all ok. 🙂 I actully like to read and participate on this forum. 🙂

Jaytheredneck1 wrote:
the 8150 broke the world OC record.

that's means nothing on the performance, the record Chew broke was hold be a Celeron before, would you put a Celeron in your gaming rig ???

************ My statement don't remove anything on the Great results Chew achieve, it's amazing, congrats again Chew , I'm sure Chew will work now on a new AMD 3Dmark record, I think he old the title now.

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
Admissible or not, why do you even care about early prototype benchmarks from a disreputable source?
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Jaytheredneck1 wrote:
Admissible or not, why do you even care about early prototype benchmarks from a disreputable source?

because:
a) I am very very curious ( and love gossips even more than my wife )
b) I have no information about the source ( being good or bad. I don't know the source's history to be able to make a good or bad judgement )
c) the benchmarks appear legit.
d) I'm really ansious for the damm thing to come out once and for all.
d) d) again and again and again.

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
Cant we all just get along ?
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
Cant we all just get along ?

sorry to hijack your thread. Back on topic:

if those prices are correct, I'm going to sell my 1100T and buy two of those less performing 8150 chips.

sorry.. couldn't resist!