cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected Price of the Bulldozer

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/95633-amd-bulldozer-fx-pricing-revealed-a-lot-cheaper-than-sand...

The article includes price, release date is still unk. of course it says its not as good as the I-7 but I have yet have a competitor running high end Intel beat me at COD4 ..
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.
33 REPLIES 33

Rippedsoul wrote:
Well. . . Even if the second batch of bulldozers (of which I'm planning on getting the 8170) isn't as good as the top sandybridge models, atleast I'm not out $2000+. A few hundred I can afford. And even if it's not the best, it can do everything I want and more. Only thing I'm worried about is bugs and stability. It's one of reasons I usually wait for the second models. I let other people do the paid public beta-tests on hardware first. Then get the fixed versions a few months later. And I'm kinda waiting for Nvidia's Kepler before I get the bulldozer anyways. Supposedly Kepler will do the same or better as Fermi and use way less power. Kinda wanted to no have to install a second PSU for 4-way SLI. I'm hoping my AX1200 Corsair will be enough.

I also wanted to see if there were any faults with the new AM3+ boards + bulldozers. They all seem to work fine with the 6-cores. . . but we're dealing with way new architecture here.

100% agree ! the 1200W Corsair should be more than sufficient.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

chrsplmr
Level 18
This worked out rather nicely..the dust cleared..and I still dont have an FX...drat.
Something new better come out to play with soon...intel or amd...before we crack...hahahhaha

chrsplmr wrote:
This worked out rather nicely..the dust cleared..and I still dont have an FX...drat.
Something new better come out to play with soon...intel or amd...before we crack...hahahhaha

When I get bored I dig the old Atari 800 out of the basement..

speed
Level 12
I am going to get one right away. I didn't build this AM3+ system to fart around with a 1090T. I'll the buy the newest release as they come out. I'll sell the olds to recupe some of my funds. And Frankly I could give a red rats @$$ if it beats intel or not. I'll never be able to tell the differance from my house. I use AMD because it is cheaper and way more bang for the buck. I have used high end intel machines and for what I do I can't tell the differance. My wallet sure can.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.