cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected Price of the Bulldozer

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/95633-amd-bulldozer-fx-pricing-revealed-a-lot-cheaper-than-sand...

The article includes price, release date is still unk. of course it says its not as good as the I-7 but I have yet have a competitor running high end Intel beat me at COD4 ..
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.
33 REPLIES 33

jewie27
Level 7
EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/95633-amd-bulldozer-fx-pricing-revealed-a-lot-cheaper-than-sand...

The article includes price, release date is still unk. of course it says its not as good as the I-7 but I have yet have a competitor running high end Intel beat me at COD4 ..

October 12th is the new release date.
New ROG PC built Nov 2011:
Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z
Intel Core I5-2500K
(2) EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked in SLI
Corsair 600T
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooling
Corsair AX1200 PSU
Corsair Force 3 128GB SSD for boot drive
8GB Red Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24
1.5 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
Asus 12x Blu-Ray Writer

Built my first PC at age 12, Pentium III @ 450 Mhz.

NemesisChild
Level 12
If you're looking for the ultimate benchmark scores, then it will be Intel for a very long time....period!
We will see some performance gains with the extra two cores and larger (8MB) L3 cache compared to Thuban X6.
Where I see the advantage with BD X8 is with multi-threaded apps and games, like SC II, BFBC2 and upcoming BF3.
But in everyday computing and single threaded apps & games, the performance gain will be minimal.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
LOL I just installed old Doom III havent used it in years WOW does it look good and FLY with this system .. I think I'll start playing it again. Wonder if I remember how to set up a server anymore?

I know I know off topic and theres a thread for that but it really looks good.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

EVIL_CONSERVATIVE wrote:
LOL I just installed old Doom III havent used it in years WOW does it look good and FLY with this system .. I think I'll start playing it again. Wonder if I remember how to set up a server anymore?

I sincerely hope you mean to say Doom III looks great on the new system compared to how it looked on the old system, because by today's standards the game looks fugly at its best haha.

Back on topic: Anything to do with BD is mute until it hits shelves and we get to play with it ourselves, and even then we will likely be looking at a few BIOS updates before the real potential shows it's face. This is of course with the exception of Chew's accomplishment. WE LOVE YOU CHEWY, NEVER FALL OFF THE ROCK'N'ROLL TRAIN!!
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Cyrekk wrote:
I sincerely hope you mean to say Doom III looks great on the new system compared to how it looked on the old system, because by today's standards the game looks fugly at its best haha.

Back on topic: Anything to do with BD is mute until it hits shelves and we get to play with it ourselves, and even then we will likely be looking at a few BIOS updates before the real potential shows it's face. This is of course with the exception of Chew's accomplishment. WE LOVE YOU CHEWY, NEVER FALL OFF THE ROCK'N'ROLL TRAIN!!

Ohh but of course ! .. took me two maps to get refamilliarized and I was kicking but on multi player .. I was getting accused of hacking 2nd map ..
Yes what you say is 100% true .. I ran it on a physically overclocked P2 on a Dell 8250 with a CRT and an antique ATI graphics card before.
I actually cant believe it still runs on the new 64 bit systems ..

I think Chew was most likely running the latest Beta that most of us are running now .. I think the big delay, and I dont mean to P.O. any one here is that AMD hasnt sold out on the 1100T enough yet and the prices are holding until the stock gets to an acceptable quantity .. Then they will release it .. But they will have damn near ready to go an even better faster CPU within a few months to really capitalize on the gamer "I GOTTA HAVE THAT" market.

Area_66
Level 11
Cyrekk I fallow Chew on XS forum, he is not only after clock speed, he like to mod GPU and run futuremark bench with AMD CPU . Let say his not affraid to pass the welding iron on 1 , 2, 3 and even more $ 600 GPU , lol

Cyrekk
Level 10
I don't see why anyone would get PO'd over that comment, but hey, it's the internet, where anything can happen!
Truly, I believe AMD users should rejoice if that were the case, because the commonly accepted hypothesis right now is that AMD knows the product is a bomb and are panicking. It cannot be said enough, only time will tell.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

SunSonik
Level 7
I'll wait until spring and buy a 8170 chip
or 8190)))
Club member

Intel i7 2600k / Noctua NH-C12P SE14 / ASUS P9Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 / ASUS GTX 570 Direct CU II / 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 MHz /
3 x WD1002FAEX / DVD±RW LG GH-22NS50 / Cooler Master Silent Pro GOLD 1200 / Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced / Samsung SM 2443 BW

SunSonik wrote:
I'll wait until spring and buy a 8170 chip
or 8190)))

I completely agree with this for the most part. Depending of course on the manufacturing process... If I grab one at launch it will be to test it. I might even give it away after depending on how things pan out...
[Work in progress]
SYSTEM SPECS

Rippedsoul
Level 9
Well. . . Even if the second batch of bulldozers (of which I'm planning on getting the 8170) isn't as good as the top sandybridge models, atleast I'm not out $2000+. A few hundred I can afford. And even if it's not the best, it can do everything I want and more. Only thing I'm worried about is bugs and stability. It's one of reasons I usually wait for the second models. I let other people do the paid public beta-tests on hardware first. Then get the fixed versions a few months later. And I'm kinda waiting for Nvidia's Kepler before I get the bulldozer anyways. Supposedly Kepler will do the same or better as Fermi and use way less power. Kinda wanted to no have to install a second PSU for 4-way SLI. I'm hoping my AX1200 Corsair will be enough.

I also wanted to see if there were any faults with the new AM3+ boards + bulldozers. They all seem to work fine with the 6-cores. . . but we're dealing with way new architecture here.