cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected Price of the Bulldozer

EVIL_CONSERVATI
Level 7
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/95633-amd-bulldozer-fx-pricing-revealed-a-lot-cheaper-than-sand...

The article includes price, release date is still unk. of course it says its not as good as the I-7 but I have yet have a competitor running high end Intel beat me at COD4 ..
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.
33 REPLIES 33

Cyrekk
Level 10
I saw those prices not too long ago. They are looking pretty good to me, if I am lucky I may have the chance to test BD on the CHVF if the timing and price is right.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Area_66
Level 11
I agree with the guy in the article , it's doesn't sound good if those price are exact. AMD recently lower the actual 6 cores , you can purchase a 1100t under $ 200, if i remember well it was over $ 300 few months ago . But in other hand that's may be a good news for Folder or VM guy's an 8 cores at that price. The last AMD FX was over $ 1000

Jaytheredneck1
Level 8
HAHAHAHAHA good article, and the day after it was written, we see an article that says 2 weeks prior to this writer saying this "If you compare the FX against the “overclockable” 2600k", the 8150 broke the world OC record.
Crosshair V Formula 990FX 0506 Bios - Phenom II X6 1100T - Gskill Sniper 1600MHz (4x4GB) - Saphire Radeon 6770 - OCZ Agility 3 60GB - WD Black 1TB - Cooler Master V6GT - Antec Dark Fleet 85 - Antec CP-850 - Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Performance of the bulldozer is more than known by now. and it really sucks.

http://obrovsky.blogspot.com/

this blogger has been publishing bulldozer benchmarks for some time now. I even started a thread two months ago or so about this, but it got deleted or moved with no notice. - something I don't understand why - .

Anyway, I hate intel and that's the only reason I run an AMD cpu. If performance came on top of my priorities list, Intel would be the obvious way to go.

FiNAS wrote:

this blogger has been publishing bulldozer benchmarks for some time now. I even started a thread two months ago or so about this, but it got deleted or moved with no notice. - something I don't understand why - .

Anyway, I hate intel and that's the only reason I run an AMD cpu. If performance came on top of my priorities list, Intel would be the obvious way to go.

I will wait on the real deal before passing any judgement. I have seen these already and AMD has officially stated them as an inaccurate portrayal of the final product.
New member? Introduce yourself here, learn a little of what we are about here, and refer to some simple rules here.
Though typically not required or enforced, here is a list of guidelines on proper forum etiquette.
[Work in progress]
The Crosshair GENE will come! - Show your support HERE!
SYSTEM SPECS

Cyrekk wrote:
I have seen these already and AMD has officially stated them as an inaccurate portrayal of the final product.

with benchmarks numbers like those, I would do the same. Anyway, I will obviously also wait for the final product to come, and the truth be said, I will probably get one, if it's performance is higher than the 1100T.

FiNAS wrote:
with benchmarks numbers like those, I would do the same. Anyway, I will obviously also wait for the final product to come, and the truth be said, I will probably get one, if it's performance is higher than the 1100T.

From what I'm seeing its not going to be that much better to be worth spending the money at this time. Its like comparing the 1090T to the 970BE 2 more cores and bench marks werent that much higher in fact the gaming marks were slightly higher with the 970 only to be surpassed by the 1100T but very minimally.
1100 BE Liquid Cooled, CHV, 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 1866 @ 2032, two ASUS ATI 3870's liquid cooled O.C.ed to 890Mhz, 3 Velociraptor 500G in raid 0, ocz SSD boot drive, 1200W Thermaltake P.S.

FiNAS wrote:

this blogger has been publishing bulldozer benchmarks for some time now. I even started a thread two months ago or so about this, but it got deleted or moved with no notice. - something I don't understand why...

'OBR' has a history of fabricating results of upcoming CPUs to the point where he was banned from nearly every hardware forum. His Bulldozer results are a mix of a poor performing engineering sample and some simply made up using Excel. He's even admitted as much in the past.

The few trustable people that have seen the genuine performance seem quite happy with it, so its best just to wait and see. 🙂

EAC wrote:
'OBR' has a history of fabricating results of upcoming CPUs to the point where he was banned from nearly every hardware forum. His Bulldozer results are a mix of a poor performing engineering sample and some simply made up using Excel. He's even admitted as much in the past.

The few trustable people that have seen the genuine performance seem quite happy with it, so its best just to wait and see. 🙂

Ohh without a doubt ! you will always have your die hard faithful critics that go out of their way to denounce the competition. You also have corporate false advertising I.E. - J.D. Power and Associates gives the awards to the highest paying advertisers and very little to do with actual testing.
Lets face it the Gamers that spend BOOKOO bucks on their Intel Rigs are getting tired of being whooped by guys with AMD Rigs at half the cost.. They Dont want us buying them LOL