cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with OC Panel on M6E

juanccgg
Level 7
I just got a Maximus VI Extreme. Everything seems to be working except the OC panel.
The CPU temperature on the display is higher by 2 or 3 degrees when compared to the reading on the AI Suite III. When there is a load the temperature reads about 10 degrees higher.

And when I try to do something simple like change the ratio, the panel shows that the ratio was changed but in reality nothing happened on the motherboard. Does the OC panel have to be enabled?
But if I change the ratio in the BIOS, the panel read the correct value.

And what is the function of the "OC" button?

Thanks,
6 REPLIES 6

Shamino
the temp on oc panel is from PECI, infor fed by the cpu, while ai suite is an average of this and an onboard thermistor close to cpu socket.
u need to install the small s/w rog connect plus and make sure its running in background (asbclk.exe) for stuff like ratio.

Thanks, Shamino.
I installed ROG Connect Plus and now it works.

Do you know how to control the OC button?
It cycles through a Level 1 and Level 2 and it changes the ratio to some value but how do you control it?

Shamino wrote:
the temp on oc panel is from PECI, infor fed by the cpu, while ai suite is an average of this and an onboard thermistor close to cpu socket.
u need to install the small s/w rog connect plus and make sure its running in background (asbclk.exe) for stuff like ratio.

Shamino
thats the control, press one time for level 1, press another time level 2, and another time back to original
manual tuning u need to switch over to extreme mode and change ratios and so on

Shamino,

But is there a way to control the settings for level 1 and level 2?
Both Level 1 and 2 are unstable with my setup. Level 1 changes the ratio to 42 and the core voltage to 1.25. If I put those same setting manually the system is fine. I guess it is possible that the Level 1/2 setting also change other parameters.

Shamino wrote:
thats the control, press one time for level 1, press another time level 2, and another time back to original
manual tuning u need to switch over to extreme mode and change ratios and so on

Shamino
they dont though, just vcore and ratio like u said

Interesting. I'll play with it some more, thanks.