cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems getting through POST,

Mr_Mike_Lowery
Level 7
I was up and gaming and everything locked up, soft reset and I get nothing but what's in the video and shut down.
I've read around, I've removed and switch my ram around, cleared cmos, removed video cards. Looking into completely removing power and hoping for some miracle. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Here's what the debug codes flash through, also note the DRAM led when code 78/79 shows and hangs. I also noticed the 5A, CPU error?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14hFVqRZaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My specs.
MoBo - RIVE
Cpu - Intel 3930k
Ram - G. SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x8GB
Video - 2x EVGA GTX 780 Classified HydroCopper
Psu - EVGA - 1300w supernova g2

Thanks for any help in advance
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Mr Mike Lowery:)

I would strip the system back to one GPU one stick of RAM ( or switch off GPU and disconnect power if you can't remove from loop plug monitor into each in turn this way) try one or two sticks of RAM singly.... after removing power and battery for a few hours.

I stripped all but 1 stick of ram, shut the PCI lanes off and removed power to video card, discharged power after unplugging power, removed battery and attempted to clear the cmos, left unplugged for 2 hours. Please note, the start/reset button and other Led remained lit throughout the waiting process. Was the cmos actually cleared and why would the led stay lit if power was discharged. After I went through discharging process again, replaced the battery kept the single stick of ram and single video card attached and tried to boot. Results were the same, still no post. Alternated ram and still no post.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If the leds remained lit, there was power to the board. You have to switch off the psu or unplug at the wall....