cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post message "25" at first boot, after next reboot all it is OK

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi forum people,

For the least two years, i using kit memories Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 on my Rampage 4E. with much satisfaction on performance.
The CPU is ovlclk @ 4550 Mhz and RAM is ovlclk @ 2204 Mhz always OK with no problems .
Other voltage parameters are ....
Vcore 1.360 v
VRAM 1,525 v
VTT 1.125 v
VCCSA 1.100 v

But now about a week, at the first power on, boot hangs with post message "25" .. , and will only restart if I turn off and on the PC, and then all go OK both cpu that of the RAM on all tests and benchmark .
I also noticed that in Mem_Tweak now there is a parameter that has changed in the tertiary timings, this is the parameter called T_CWL_ADJ that has always been to "0" but now is a "4" and if I try to put it as it was before the PC goes to BSOD immediately and refuses to change it.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on and above is a symptom that the memory is deteriorating?
Thanks in advance for your help.
sandro c.
4 REPLIES 4

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi Rog forum,

a little update on my tread due to some tests that i could clarify the problem during wait of some replay.
I swithc on chip # 2 bios where I had installed the bios 3602 and parameter T_CWL_ADJ is back to "0", as it has always been in the past.
Then I did it again flash on the chip # 1 the bios 4206 and unfortunately it si again T_CWL_ADJ parameter to "4" resulting in slight performance degradation memory.
Can anyone explain what this parameter observable only with Mem_tweak who has no voice on the bios?
It could be a problem of chip # 1 that has failed?
The only progress was that now at boot of PC I do not got the post-error "25".
sandro c.

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi Forum Rampage 4E,

Once again I have to answer to myself on my own tread, this time not for an update to better explain the problem, but to wonder if it's still worth writing in this forum.
Wonder if, in the last 4 weeks you realized that, of the 19 new and old tread, exposed front page forum, more than 60% (including my tread showing two answers but are always my!), Has not received any response .....like now.
Do not you think that this forum is losing interest, or at least that no interest to anyone giving help to the members in difficulty with their HW?
What is happening? ... Or all we do foolish or stupid questions that do not deserve answers, or no one person is able to give help in the forum yet?
And what Asus is doing in this regard ... is perhaps waiting for us poor users of scrap "two years old", as soon as we throw away our Hw obsolete, in the hope that we rush to buy then the new Rampage5E- i7 5960 -DDR4 and Asus GT 970 or whatever .... to be worthwhile to take care of us yet?

From twenty-seven days I waited for a replay to my tread which fortunately for me not so severe as to lock the PC, which was read by more than 160 members from all but ignored in the answers: I can deduce that maybe I wrote nonsense of no interest or no is able to give answers, so I had to apply to the Forum Corsair, and other forums but receiving dozens of replays after less than 24 hours.
Where is the forum where I was writing enthusiastically in September 2012 to ask if I had to RMA my RIVE just bought, like the Asus-EU asked me, .... and quickly five or six members, which have reassured me that everything was OK?
That forum does not exist anymore!
If the forum has remained short of these personalities as were those of 2012, active members and very competent, should not be a big problem for a Company as Asus, that after using for years this Forum as a giant "TEST SITE FREE", now could hire some technical advisors, (... and I am sure that it has very good), which responds to our questions, or unfortunately .... we must admit that this forum is dead!
By now it is useless to answer to tread, that has long since been solved ... but certainly not with the help of this forum!
What do you think about,... dear surviving members of this forum?
Greetings to all, by a member no longer entusiastic..and excuse my English.
sandro c

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
sandro c wrote:
Hi forum people,

For the least two years, i using kit memories Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 on my Rampage 4E. with much satisfaction on performance.
The CPU is ovlclk @ 4550 Mhz and RAM is ovlclk @ 2204 Mhz always OK with no problems .
Other voltage parameters are ....
Vcore 1.360 v
VRAM 1,525 v
VTT 1.125 v
VCCSA 1.100 v

But now about a week, at the first power on, boot hangs with post message "25" .. , and will only restart if I turn off and on the PC, and then all go OK both cpu that of the RAM on all tests and benchmark .
I also noticed that in Mem_Tweak now there is a parameter that has changed in the tertiary timings, this is the parameter called T_CWL_ADJ that has always been to "0" but now is a "4" and if I try to put it as it was before the PC goes to BSOD immediately and refuses to change it.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on and above is a symptom that the memory is deteriorating?
sandro c.

If I see A "25" in my boot loop, mine will fail to boot and re power up until the power supply is cycled.

sandro_c
Level 12
Hi philly cheese steak

Sorry for the delay in my response, but after 15 days of waiting, I had lost hope to have an answer to my tread of 10/12/2014, and after I had not visited the forum.
Not necessary that you preach that the PC failed to boot ..., but when the boot give an error usually I try to understand why, I do not just do a reboot and I believe in AMI BIOS means ...

20 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
21 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
22 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
23 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
24 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
25 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes ***** my problem ***
26 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
27 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
28 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
29 - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
2A - OEM pre-memory initialization codes
2B - Memory initialization. Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data reading
2C - Memory initialization. Memory presence detection
2D - Memory initialization. Programming memory timing information
2E - Memory initialization. Confi guring memory
2F - Memory initialization (other)

... but maybe you did not read well my error Post 25, and then i adding data that could perhaps make it clear why this happens, if you had read the rest of my message.
It was enough to answer that ... more of a reboot you had no other solutions.
If I were limited to simply reboot, ..... now I would still be doing reboots!
However as I said, the problem has been solved long ago.
sandro c.