cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive ASUS RMA Experience

Gman257
Level 10
Hello fellow ROG'ers

So lately I've been reading alot about various RMA experiences concerning ASUS. Yes the majority of them have been negative, but that's mostly what you hear because of the fact of being pissed off that yes you paid top dollar for something that is supposed to be of top grade. I am not blaming anyone on doing this since I have done this myself:mad:
I would like to share my RMA experience with you all concerning the ASUS VG236HE monitor. So after alot of reading about various monitors & being skeptical of which brand to buy I figured I stick with ASUS since I have the Rampage IV Extreme & haven't had a single problem with it (I had originally purchased the ASUS P9X79 Deluxe which was a DOA which was exchanged at the retailer next day, & yeah at that point I thought quality control wasn't that great, but decided to stay with ASUS).
Now back to the monitor..... after 2 months of enjoying my monitor, one day I turn it on & after a few minutes I get a green line running from top to bottom on my right side of the screen & also a white line running from left to right. I thought this couldn't be so I turned it off in hopes that when I turn it back on it wouldn't be there............surprise it was still there! :mad::mad::mad:
Since I was a member of the ASUS VIP I quickly went on the website & opened up an RMA case. The following day I received a call from ASUS & I spoke with a tech explaining the problem. He immediately told me that it was not fixable like a pixel issue so therefore I would have to send it in for an exchange. I asked if it was possible to get an advanced RMA (they send you the new product first & then you send the faulty one back obviously a credit card is needed to put a hold on the amount of a new one) in which he told me it would not be a problem.
So 3 days later I receive an email from ASUS RMA department saying that they don't have any of the same monitors in stock due to them being discontinued so they asked me if I would accept an exchange for the VG278HE! :):D;):cool: of course I jumped on it like a fat kid on cake!!!! 2 days later I received a brand new (not refurb) VG278HE with a letter instructing me to keep mine as well for 5 days just to make sure there aren't any defects with the new one, and to use the box to reship mine with prepaid postage as well.
Yes I was pissed when it happened to me & started having my doubts, but due to the awesome customer service experience I had, YES I still do recommend ASUS to all my friends & all the customers I build computers for. Everyone deserves a chance of making things right in a wrong situation. Stay calm have faith! :cool:
Silverstone RAVEN RV02B-EW
Intel 4770K
Maximus VI Impact-Motherboard
Corsair 240AIR
Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz 8GB-Menmory
Seasonic 1000w Platinum
Samsung PRO SSD 256GB x 2
Corsair SP2500
ASUS MARS GTX 760x2
ASUS VE258Q
PrecisionHD Cam.
CORSAIR K95 RGB
Corsair K65 RGB
14 REPLIES 14

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one Gman257! Glad you got good treatment and sure, it's good to hear some good RMA experiences too!;)

chrsplmr
Level 18
"... but due to the awesome customer service experience I had, YES I still do recommend ASUS to all my friends & all the customers I build computers for. Everyone deserves a chance of making things right in a wrong situation. Stay calm have faith! ..." +++

cudos .. and thankYou for coming here and saying so.c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Would you mind if I changed the title to Positive ASUS RMA experience.

Thank you for posting.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Not at all HiVizMan. Just hoping people will read it and keep the faith.
Silverstone RAVEN RV02B-EW
Intel 4770K
Maximus VI Impact-Motherboard
Corsair 240AIR
Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz 8GB-Menmory
Seasonic 1000w Platinum
Samsung PRO SSD 256GB x 2
Corsair SP2500
ASUS MARS GTX 760x2
ASUS VE258Q
PrecisionHD Cam.
CORSAIR K95 RGB
Corsair K65 RGB

foana
Level 7
Is that a Rampage series monitor?
RIVF
2 x HD7950 1100/1250
16Gb G.SKILL RipjawsZ 2133Mhz
2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Raid0, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 120Gb
2 x 2Tb WD Caviar Black, WD Raptor 150Gb
Seasonic X-1250
HAFX
XSPC AX360 3 x Scythe GT 1850
Yamakasi Catleap 2B 2560x1440@124hz
Windows 7 x64

Jericho
Level 7
I've never heard of a positive Asus RMA experience. Also that's not a motherboard so your RMA may have just been directly handled by Asus and not a crappy third party as they use for the motherboards.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Bios 3404 Nodens
i7 3930K @ 4.4 ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 gb 1866 8x8gb
2x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4 gb SLI
2x Intel 520 240 gb RAID 0 TRIMMED
2x Velociraptor 300 gb RAID 0
Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler
Coolermaster HAF X Case
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Dell U3011 30 in. Monitor
Win 8 Pro x64

Jericho wrote:
I've never heard of a positive Asus RMA experience.

Isn't this statement the definition of oxymoron when posted in this thread?:confused:
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

Nodens wrote:
Isn't this statement the definition of oxymoron when posted in this thread?:confused:

No. Just the fact that I have never heard of a positive one before this thread. And he's also talking about a monitor which may be handled completly different than our motherboards.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Bios 3404 Nodens
i7 3930K @ 4.4 ghz
Corsair Dominator Platinum 64 gb 1866 8x8gb
2x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4 gb SLI
2x Intel 520 240 gb RAID 0 TRIMMED
2x Velociraptor 300 gb RAID 0
Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler
Coolermaster HAF X Case
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Dell U3011 30 in. Monitor
Win 8 Pro x64

Jericho wrote:
No. Just the fact that I have never heard of a positive one before this thread. And he's also talking about a monitor which may be handled completly different than our motherboards.

That is only because you're a rather new member. There are several threads here with people that have RMA'd and they reported getting a new board back and everything working properly. It's just that people with positive experiences very rarely make a thread about it. If you follow the troubleshooting threads, there are lots of people that have had no issues and even more who don't post at all after RMAing their boards. Unless we assume that the amount of RMAs done is equal to the amount of bad RMA threads which is impossible on its own as that would mean that ASUS board failure is almost non-existent.

Also as far as I know all ASUS product RMAs are handled the same way, depending on the region. So the only difference is what country you're in and who handles/how it gets handled for your specific region.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.