cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****please help with new rig cant overclock****

dusable
Level 7
Please cant oc either!!!!
*****PLEASE HELP*****ok guys ive been following this thread hoping I could get some help with my rig I just built a week ago...I cant get my 4-WAY OPTIMIZATION TO WORK EITHER. when I run it my system shuts down as if its gonna run and it boots up doing its thing but than I get the blue screen and nothing...I sit and wait thinking maybe its still doing its thing and nothing. so I reset and it starts booting than I get the msg DO U WANT TO BOOT IN SAFE MODE, I choose no and back to the blue screen...so eventually I have to reset and change the bios back to default in order to get back in the os. I noticed my MB BIOS is from oct. and asus has a new bios but I cant get the EZ UPDATE to update the bios let alone even see it...it simply tells me THERE IS NO NEED TO UPDATE THE ENVIORMENT...PLEASE HELP GUYS BECAUSE IM NOT TRYING TO GO EXTREME JUST A LIL BIT TO SAY HEY IM OVERCLOCKED ALSO...LOL PS. I WAS ALSO WONDERING IF MY PSU WAS BIG ENOUGH FOR OVERCLOCKING THANKS

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO
PROCESSOR: INTEL I5-4670K 3.4G 6M
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE NIC C5
MEMORY: ADATA XPG DDR3 1600 4X4GB (16GB) CL 9-9-9-24 1.5V
GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS GEFORCE GTX 660 OC 2GB X2(SLI)
DRIVES: ASUS DVD BURNER
STORAGE: SEAGATE 1TB HYBRID DRIVE
POWER SUPPLY: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX750B
KEYBOARD/MOUSE: CM STORM DEVASTATOR GAMING GEAR
CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES AIR 540
3 REPLIES 3

Praz
Level 13
Hello

You will need to manually set the CPU voltage and multiplier for your chosen overclock . 4-Way Optimization is configured for the average of hundreds of CPUs that were tested. If you happen to have one that is below that average the set voltages will not be suitable for the attempted configuration. You can use what 4-Way Optimization is setting and work up from there.

meankeys
Level 13
Praz I think you nailed it 🙂

thanks ill give it a try