cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overvoltage protection

Fallen-Angel
Level 7
Hey Guys,
I don't know if I have a problem with my BIOS setting or if I just don't get it / do it wrong. I wanted to find out what voltages I need to bring my Phenom stable on 4.2Ghz, but when I go further than 1.55v after the post it says: Overvoltage Protection Error and I have to go to BIOS (F1). If I understood it right and enable the "Extreme Overclocking" setting, the overvoltage protection should be off. That didn't work. Then I disabled the "CPU Over-Curent Protection" in DIGI+ VRM settings, too. But there is still the same issue.

So my question here is, how do I disable the protection, in order to get 1.55v+?

Best,

FA
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Go into your hardware monitoring option (BIOS) and disable monitoring the vCore.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Fallen-Angel
Level 7
Oh yeah, thanks, that works now ^^
easier than I thought...

why would you need to push it past 1.5 v ??
i'm at 4.1 @1.39v happy there for a while but 1.44 gets it stable at 4.3 but have to run fans at 50-60% sounds like case is taking off ..

whats your temps at 1.55 and above ?
some times they just wont do it ..
had a q6600 run at 3.85 could never get it past 4ghz no matter how much i tried ...
AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800
What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

Fallen-Angel
Level 7
Yeah, every CPU has it's own stability voltage. I know some people they also run 4.1 @ 1.44v. But are you serious, 1.39v @ 4.1Ghz? I had my CPU 1.39v @ 3.6Ghz. Is it prime or F@H stable?

In BIOS I set the voltage to 1.51875v and the system pushes it up to 1.56v (CPU-Z) for 4118Mhz. My temps are 48-49°C (Cores, 60-63°C CPU) on F@H.

In order to get it stable for 4.2Ghz (at least prime) I had to set the Voltage about 1.59-1.61v, which also was pushed up by System to something between 1.65-1.68v.