cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overclocking failed on deluxe ii

mjohnson24
Level 9
i have the Asus x99 Deluxe ii Mobo, (4) 16gb sticks of Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz ram, Evga 1200w P2 PSU, Intel i7 6900k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, Samsung EVO 950 Pro M.2. I have recently just last night updated the PSU from an 850 watt to an EVGA 1200w P2. This one has the ability to use the 8 pin power and 4 pin power as the previous PSU didnt. Now that i got it all installed last night, for somereason when i booted it only said i had 32gbs of ram when i actually had 64. Got that to read correctly now but my ram is the 3200mhz ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232328 ). Its on the QVL list for Asus so thats good. I think it has something to do with something being overclocked or something but i dont know what. it worked fine before with my 850watt.

I have XMP switch turned on on the Mobo and in the bios i think i switched it to auto or something to get it to actually boot normally. But bios reads it as 2133 not 3200 like it should i think.

Now i also have the Corsair h100i gtx cpu cooler and when i booted my PC it said something about fan speed to low or check fan speed so to fix that i had to go to bios and go to monitor tab and set "CPU Fan Speed" to ignore so i wouldnt get that error and it would boot as well.

Can someone help me with steps to what i need to do to fix these issues. Also if you know of any bios changes that needs to happen for M.2 samsung 950 pro evo that needs to be changed let me know. Its booting and working fine so far but not sure if theres anything that needs to be changed in the bios.
126 REPLIES 126

Nate152 wrote:
All right sounds good !

If you have any questions or run into any problems let us know.

tried looking for one that said CPU System Agent nad found one that said CPU System Agent Voltage Offset that is either a plus or minus sign and i see one that i can type in a number called CPU system Agent Voltage Offset but after setting what you mentioned it reboots and does nothing so after i turn it off and back on it seems to do nothing again but it reboots on its own after that and then boots back up and still says overclock failed. Not sure what im doing wrong.

i decided to change the board to the below board. Its lower price and not as high tech as the x99-a ii but i think it will still be a really good board. So can fudge a few things higher priced to get something better like cooler, ram and case if needed. my max goal would be $1600.

ASUS X99-E LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Motherboard

Opinions?

Nate152 wrote:
All right sounds good !

If you have any questions or run into any problems let us know.

So whats weird is the different benchmarks i used. Prime95 and AIDA64.

Prime 95 with a CPU ration of 40
http://www.skycloudphotography.com/NewBuild/Prime95_R40.PNG

Prime 95 with a CPU ration of 38

AIDA64 with a CPU ration of 40 running system stability test with "Stress CPU" selected only.

Don't know which one to believe.

Nate152
All right

Try cpu vccio voltage and cpu system agent voltage at 1.20v, F10 and Enter.

It's trial and error until you find what's stable.

Nate152 wrote:
All right

Try cpu vccio voltage and cpu system agent voltage at 1.20v, F10 and Enter.

It's trial and error until you find what's stable.

well looks like im gonna be resetting windows 10 cause somehow it corrupted windows system files so now when it boots it wont operate properly. Cant click the start menu, cant do much of anything and only way to restart it from desktop is hitting reset button on case. Even gives me a screen to run recovery on it so there goes my day. Once i get it im gonna try to find someone that i can actually take it to and see if they can help me with it in person. And show me how tis done in person. Now i know why i hate overclocking. This serieously sucks.

actually i still have the 240gb ssd i copied over to the M.2 drive i have so it may be easier than i thought to get back my os properly.

Nate152
Oh wow, unfortunately sometimes that happens and I'm sorry your system got corrupted.

But for 64GB of 3200MHz you will need to adjust the voltages I mentioned and you may also need to raise the Dram voltage a little. If it still doesn't want to go then you'll have to settle for a lower speed or relax the timings a little.

I know it sucks to reinstall windows but don't worry nothing is damaged.

If you lived close to palm bay florida I would pay you a personal visit. 🙂

All right yeah good idea on the cloning, as I said it's trial and error until you find what's stable.

Nate152 wrote:
Oh wow, unfortunately sometimes that happens and I'm sorry your system got corrupted.

But for 64GB of 3200MHz you will need to adjust the voltages I mentioned and you may also need to raise the Dram voltage a little. If it still doesn't want to go then you'll have to settle for a lower speed or relax the timings a little.

All right yeah good idea on the cloning, as I said it's trial and error until you find what's stable.

yea i live in shreveport, la. If you did id love it if you were able to lol. make my life easier lol. And show me how its done. All i gotta do is figure out how to get this thing to boot off my other ssd instead of my M.2. It keeps wanting to boot from the m.2. Plus i need to get it to a point where it boots stable with setings in order to boot when it does. If i can try to get that id be set.

Nate152 wrote:

ok so i finally got my old ssd cloned back to my m.2 and booted off of it stabily.

Menthol
Level 14
Although I don't have that board I could take some screenshots of the RVE-10 of settings that may help you achieve your goal.
Please fill out your specs in your Sig so it's easier to see
For the Corsair AIO, I always connect the SATA poer cable to the pump, connect the 2 fans to the CPU and CPU_OP fan headers and the RPM cable from the pump to the Water Pump Header on the motherboard, this gives you complete control without the Corsair software and you won't need to disable the CPU fan in the bios, leave the pump speed control in bios to disabled so the pump will run full speed all the time and I set the 2 fan controls in bios to turbo mode and let the motherboard decide what speed based on CPU temperature
Are you just trying to get Dram to run at 3200mhz without overclocking anything else

Menthol wrote:
Although I don't have that board I could take some screenshots of the RVE-10 of settings that may help you achieve your goal.
Please fill out your specs in your Sig so it's easier to see
For the Corsair AIO, I always connect the SATA poer cable to the pump, connect the 2 fans to the CPU and CPU_OP fan headers and the RPM cable from the pump to the Water Pump Header on the motherboard, this gives you complete control without the Corsair software and you won't need to disable the CPU fan in the bios, leave the pump speed control in bios to disabled so the pump will run full speed all the time and I set the 2 fan controls in bios to turbo mode and let the motherboard decide what speed based on CPU temperature
Are you just trying to get Dram to run at 3200mhz without overclocking anything else

Current System Build:
CPU: Intel i7 6900k (not OC'd)
RAM: 64gb GSkill TridentZ F4-3200C16Q-64GTZ (4x16gb)
Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe ii
Hard Drives: 240gb SSD ( main, Apps ), 480gb SSD ( games ) d300gb Raptor, 1.5 TB WD, 1tb, 2tb
CPU Cooler: Corsair h100i GTX

My AIO (not including the USB cable) has two fan style cables coming out of it. One with male and one with female i think. One goes to the CPU_Fan header on motherboard and the other goes to a splitter that connects the two fans. Basically the pdf link below shows on i think around page 5 how i have it installed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjq7uuXleHQ...

This link gives a visual and easy way of showing how the AIO is connected as well.
http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2015/march/h100i_gtx_how_to

Which thats on a separate post for the fan issue but thats the just of how its connected. All settings on Mobo is defaults in bios minus the cpu fan control to ignore.

But as for trying to get the RAM to 3200mhz yes thats what im basically trying to do is get it to 3200mhz without anything else since i bought the 3200 kit. Wanna be able to get the speed its rated at instead of the stock 2133. Now if the overclocking of cpu helps and all and is stable and doesnt run alot hotter than stock then im ok with that but dont wanna ruin anything especially since that CPU cost me $1100 and the 64gb ram kit cost me $400 roughly.