cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overclocking failed on deluxe ii

mjohnson24
Level 9
i have the Asus x99 Deluxe ii Mobo, (4) 16gb sticks of Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz ram, Evga 1200w P2 PSU, Intel i7 6900k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, Samsung EVO 950 Pro M.2. I have recently just last night updated the PSU from an 850 watt to an EVGA 1200w P2. This one has the ability to use the 8 pin power and 4 pin power as the previous PSU didnt. Now that i got it all installed last night, for somereason when i booted it only said i had 32gbs of ram when i actually had 64. Got that to read correctly now but my ram is the 3200mhz ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232328 ). Its on the QVL list for Asus so thats good. I think it has something to do with something being overclocked or something but i dont know what. it worked fine before with my 850watt.

I have XMP switch turned on on the Mobo and in the bios i think i switched it to auto or something to get it to actually boot normally. But bios reads it as 2133 not 3200 like it should i think.

Now i also have the Corsair h100i gtx cpu cooler and when i booted my PC it said something about fan speed to low or check fan speed so to fix that i had to go to bios and go to monitor tab and set "CPU Fan Speed" to ignore so i wouldnt get that error and it would boot as well.

Can someone help me with steps to what i need to do to fix these issues. Also if you know of any bios changes that needs to happen for M.2 samsung 950 pro evo that needs to be changed let me know. Its booting and working fine so far but not sure if theres anything that needs to be changed in the bios.
126 REPLIES 126

Nate152 wrote:
You're absolutely right push/pull doesn't make a big difference in temps vs. push or pull so either way it will fit and yep you can look it over as you get the parts.

I wanted to ask if your 64GB of ram is still running at 3200MHz with the correct timings and if you've found an actual cpu system agent voltage.

If you haven't found an actual cpu system agent voltage you can install Hwinfo it will show you, VCCSA is the cpu system agent voltage. You can see my Dram voltage at 1.50v.

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Yea ill just have to get the case first and look it over for sure. I know jsut the content that i posted a link to from ek is around $960 plus so its gonna be a good bit of moolah to purchase which will be a little while before i get it.

Nate152
All right thank you !

That shows the cpu system agent voltage at 1.368v, you can slowly back off the offset until it becomes unstable then bring it back up a notch and see what you end up with.

You may not need 1.368v and if you can get this lower this will lower cpu temps a little.

Nate152 wrote:
All right thank you !

That shows the cpu system agent voltage at 1.368v, you can slowly back off the offset until it becomes unstable then bring it back up a notch and see what you end up with.

You may not need 1.368v and if you can get this lower this will lower cpu temps a little.

ok ill have to see a hat i can lower it too. i kmow its not much if i r member correctly but ill check. may be aft for holidays since im out of to n as of tomorrow till
monday

Nate152
Cool sounds great !

After seeing the overclocking guide you posted with their cpu system agent voltage at 1.368v it must be safe, that is exactly where yours is.

What you're doing now is fine tuning it. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Cool sounds great !

After seeing the overclocking guide you posted with their cpu system agent voltage at 1.368v it must be safe, that is exactly where yours is.

What you're doing now is fine tuning it. 🙂

yea i remember *setting it a little lower but not luch and it was crashing but ill have to find it again and see what i can go to when it boots safely

Nate152
Yeah, you're just finding the lowest stable voltage, lower voltage = less heat.

Once you find the lowest cpu system agent voltage you can do the same with the VCCIO voltage, see you didn't go bald and now you're going to fine tune it.

I think you're becoming an expert quickly. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Yeah, you're just finding the lowest stable voltage, lower voltage = less heat.

Once you find the lowest cpu system agent voltage you can do the same with the VCCIO voltage, see you didn't go bald and now you're going to fine tune it.

I think you're becoming an expert quickly. 🙂

lol no didnt go bald yet lol. but not sure about the expert part cause i used the ez mode to get it to tune everything accordingly then finetuned the voltage to get the 3200mhz speed on ram. ur the grandmaster lol. wish u lived here in shreveport louisiana or around here. plan on moving anytime soon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate152
Haha no it's cold anywhere else except florida I'm staying here. 😉

You should try advanced mode it's way better, navigate around and get familiar where things are. I know it can seem a little intimidating at first but once you get onto it it's easy and it won't take long.

You can set for instance the pcie lanes to Gen 3, disable wifi and blue tooth if you don't use that. I let most settings on auto and only play with the important ones for overclocking.

Nate152 wrote:
Haha no it's cold anywhere else except florida I'm staying here. 😉

You should try advanced mode it's way better, navigate around and get familiar where things are. I know it can seem a little intimidating at first but once you get onto it it's easy and it won't take long.

You can set for instance the pcie lanes to Gen 3, disable wifi and blue tooth if you don't use that. I let most settings on auto and only play with the important ones for overclocking.

oh yea florida is pretty warm unlike here its cold. id go into the advanced mode of the bios snd configure stuff there but when i overclocked it theres a button for ez overclock thatwill set things for u so thats what i did and messed with ram voltage to get it to 3200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate152
I would also recommend doing your overclocking manually in advanced mode. It's actually quite easy, as I mentioned you can let most settings on auto and just play with the important ones.

I'm not sure how your ez tune works but if it's like a preset then it's most likely over volting your cpu, this is why I do it manually you have control over the voltage.