cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

overclocking failed on deluxe ii

mjohnson24
Level 9
i have the Asus x99 Deluxe ii Mobo, (4) 16gb sticks of Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz ram, Evga 1200w P2 PSU, Intel i7 6900k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, Samsung EVO 950 Pro M.2. I have recently just last night updated the PSU from an 850 watt to an EVGA 1200w P2. This one has the ability to use the 8 pin power and 4 pin power as the previous PSU didnt. Now that i got it all installed last night, for somereason when i booted it only said i had 32gbs of ram when i actually had 64. Got that to read correctly now but my ram is the 3200mhz ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232328 ). Its on the QVL list for Asus so thats good. I think it has something to do with something being overclocked or something but i dont know what. it worked fine before with my 850watt.

I have XMP switch turned on on the Mobo and in the bios i think i switched it to auto or something to get it to actually boot normally. But bios reads it as 2133 not 3200 like it should i think.

Now i also have the Corsair h100i gtx cpu cooler and when i booted my PC it said something about fan speed to low or check fan speed so to fix that i had to go to bios and go to monitor tab and set "CPU Fan Speed" to ignore so i wouldnt get that error and it would boot as well.

Can someone help me with steps to what i need to do to fix these issues. Also if you know of any bios changes that needs to happen for M.2 samsung 950 pro evo that needs to be changed let me know. Its booting and working fine so far but not sure if theres anything that needs to be changed in the bios.
126 REPLIES 126

Nate152 wrote:
I would also recommend doing your overclocking manually in advanced mode. It's actually quite easy, as I mentioned you can let most settings on auto and just play with the important ones.

I'm not sure how your ez tune works but if it's like a preset then it's most likely over volting your cpu, this is why I do it manually you have control over the voltage.

il have to play with it one day and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjohnson24
Level 9
thought id do a couple other versions of the loop layout before i leave for weekend. What ya think?

one is if i add a 240 rad at bottom to help cool the coolant down before rez and then it cools it even more in 480 top before cpu. The other is without the rez which for now would be the one id probably go with unless i can save more money to get it. Allthough truth be old i gotta save money to get any loop config anyway.

now that rez is only if my GPUs will fit and not interfere with the rez. Most videos i see on youtube where people have a rez in that area the gpu's they have from what i've researched by the models they have fit and are the same size as mine which is 10.5"s.

Nate152
Yeah they both look good and you have the rez higher than the pump too. 🙂

A tall rez will look nice, aquacomputer has some with a glass reservoir pump combo.

This is the same company that has the most advanced fan/pump controller. Some of these reservoirs can do a water fountain effect, without the pump on the bottom you can install up to six 5mm led's but I think only 4 fit without stripping the wires.

Their tallest glass res is the 880ml.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16994/ex-res-422/AquaComputer_Pump_Adapter_w_Aqualis_Reservoir_and...

Nate152 wrote:

A tall rez will look nice, aquacomputer has some with a glass reservoir pump combo.

This is the same company that has the most advanced fan/pump controller. Some of these reservoirs can do a water fountain effect, without the pump on the bottom you can install up to six 5mm led's but I think only 4 fit without stripping the wires.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16994/ex-res-422/AquaComputer_Pump_Adapter_w_Aqualis_Reservoir_and...

ill have to check that rez out. i know theres not much room between rez and gpu's. i would oike to have a tall one there if i can to make it look cool and show it off

Nate152 wrote:

will those work with the ek pumps so i can still get the lights or effects?

Nate152
To connect them together as an all in one pump/res combo no that won't work but you could do them separately as you can get the rez as stand alone.

Nate152 wrote:
To connect them together as an all in one pump/res combo no that won't work but you could do them separately as you can get the rez as stand alone.

doing em separately is cool but will the led's work or do they need the pump by the same company?