cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Rampage IV Black Edition X79 Thread

Retired
Not applicable
Instead of having like a zillion threads going regarding this board..

All yours........:D
1,074 REPLIES 1,074

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yes that's about right...I think mine boots a bit faster than that but more or less....that slow for you?

some reviews sites like kitguru, guru3D, anandtech had write in this reviews about rampage IV extreme and black edition thats the boot is slow, because of this im think that be slower
***O.o to me this is faster than my old Gigabyte G1 sniper 3... that board doesnt have a Fast boot option ¬¬
But to me this is super fast... if Rampage IV Black edition boots fast like this Rampage IV extreme, I will love this board

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Ah I get you....yeah sometimes I think review sites just need something to write about, I think the Z87 and Z97 borads boot faster but the "slower" is just relative they both boot super quick...I have the RIVBE it is the same boot time more or less as the RIVE. I don't use AS media SATA ports or Bluetooth or USB 3.0 so I disable them in the BIOS and boot is even quicker....

Hey guys, is there a possibility, even small... Of Asus release a bios update for our Blacks to support the x99 chipset?

What do you think?

Praz
Level 13
Hello

No possibility at all. Haswell-E will not even fit in the socket of the board.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, 0% probability. Different LGA...2011-3 as well as different chipset with different memory...DDR4 not DDR3.

hopefully the same board will support Haswell-E and Broadwell E....fingers crossed

Falcon1
Level 7
Hello,

I have a Rampage IV Black Edition Motherboard and trying to figure out what 2800 memory to get.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

EaglePC
Level 10
HT | OMEGA FENIX 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271008 or is the integrated sound on this mb better?
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64

Tomo_VK
Level 7
Hi guys, need some advice:)
I have a 4930k and RIVBE, 2 GTX Titans in SLI, Corsair ax1200 psu and 16gb corsair dominator platinum 2400mhz kit. I can get 4.6 Ghz with 1.376v vcore (in hwmonitor at load) to get stable. Also it needs 1.25 VTT and 1.25 VCSSA to solve coold boot. Should I activate Intel Performance Tuning plan and change my cpu or not? What is the feedback on the performance of replacement cpus? What would you advise? My other problem with this chip is the temps, I have EK Supremacy EVO full nickel waterblock, 2 480 XTX EK radiators (with 4 120mm Scythe Glide Stresm vents @2000rpm on each) and EK sbay (reservoir and 2 pumps ) but when I test with prime on blend i get max temps around 90C. I checked for air in the loop but it seems to be none. Applied paste about 4 times always the same temps 😞 Any thoughs?

Tomo VK wrote:
Hi guys, need some advice:)
I have a 4930k and RIVBE, 2 GTX Titans in SLI, Corsair ax1200 psu and 16gb corsair dominator platinum 2400mhz kit. I can get 4.6 Ghz with 1.376v vcore (in hwmonitor at load) to get stable. Also it needs 1.25 VTT and 1.25 VCSSA to solve coold boot. Should I activate Intel Performance Tuning plan and change my cpu or not? What is the feedback on the performance of replacement cpus? What would you advise? My other problem with this chip is the temps, I have EK Supremacy EVO full nickel waterblock, 2 480 XTX EK radiators (with 4 120mm Scythe Glide Stresm vents @2000rpm on each) and EK sbay (reservoir and 2 pumps ) but when I test with prime on blend i get max temps around 90C. I checked for air in the loop but it seems to be none. Applied paste about 4 times always the same temps 😞 Any thoughs?
From what I can remember, your VTT and VCSSA are on the high side, helping to contribute to your high temps. 1.1v is recommended for both and not higher than 1.2v I believe. Your Vcore is on the high side for IB-E, which was not generally seen as a good overclocker. Most guys I saw would get to 4.5Ghz and not much higher.

[Wow, just noticed the date, I'm sure I saw Oct 2016! Thread necromancy, my apologies!]

Just wondering if the Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690v1?
(20M Cache, 2.90 GHz, 8.00 GT/s Intel® QPI) not v2/v3 but the first version work on the Rampage 4 motherboard. The E5-2690 V2 is listed but not the earlier version of this cpu.

Thanks!