cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Rampage IV Black Edition X79 Thread

Retired
Not applicable
Instead of having like a zillion threads going regarding this board..

All yours........:D
173 Views
1,074 REPLIES 1,074

HiVizMan
Level 40
Intel are the ones who need to sort out the SATA side of things, remember the controllers are on the CPU now. The only way to get additional SATA connectivity is via third party controllers, which are not ideal.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

tistou77
Level 13
Too bad this BE, is only 1 USB3 header, I would have probably bought
Sorry for my english 😄


Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
OS: Intel Optane 905P PCIe
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Retired
Not applicable
tistou77 wrote:
Too bad this BE, is only 1 USB3 header, I would have probably bought


You got a bunch of usb 2.0 ports/headers also..

Isnt that enough?

Retired
Not applicable
Best looking board on the planet.....

tistou77
Level 13
Yes but I have 2 USB3 header on my case, I prefer to keep the RIVE with these 2 USB3 header
Sorry for my english 😄


Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
OS: Intel Optane 905P PCIe
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

HiVizMan
Level 40
For some the number of fan headers is key to deciding a motherboard choice, others it is the look, for others still it is the fact the motherboard is the cutting edge of functional design. Your key aspects are as valuable as any other.

I like to have USB3 connectivity too as I have many external USB3 hard drives. But for me there are other reasons why I will want this board. I doubt that I will ever use the USB3 ports while benching so for me that is not an issue.

I am quite keen to see the final specifications of the motherboard.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
For some the number of fan headers is key to deciding a motherboard choice, others it is the look, for others still it is the fact the motherboard is the cutting edge of functional design. Your key aspects are as valuable as any other.

I like to have USB3 connectivity too as I have many external USB3 hard drives. But for me there are other reasons why I will want this board. I doubt that I will ever use the USB3 ports while benching so for me that is not an issue.

I am quite keen to see the final specifications of the motherboard.

when it will hit the market? Sooner than ASUS rep said, I guess.
A UK dealer is open for pre-order, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-587-AS

asfgbdnf wrote:
when it will hit the market? Sooner than ASUS rep said, I guess.
A UK dealer is open for pre-order, http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-587-AS


Marshall is one of the people behind the development of this board.
If he says end of October, the time is end of October.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

abvolt
Level 11
Marshall is one of the people behind the development of this board.
If he says end of October, the time is end of October.


Glad to hear that right in time for christmas, awe a new mobo under the tree.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

Hatross
Level 10
not long after Christmas Haswell-E and X99 will be revealed...

imo it is still more of alot of the same though and DDR4 will be infancy stage...

oh boy but when we get to Skylake...! now that's what I'm holding out for 😄
...wide open