cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OE code?? Computer will not stay on?

djbeto2209
Level 7
I was deleting some drivers from programs that didnt get removed and once I did that, my computer stopped working. I get an OE Code on my Rampage but im not sure what it means. Something about microcode or something like that. Does anyone have any idea? I just built this computer a couple of months ago and I have never had issues until now.

Thanks
Cooler Master Cosmos II / Asus Maximus VI Extreme / i7 - 4770k 4.7 / Corsair H110 / Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866MHz / Samsung 840 EVO 750gb / 1TB Western Digital / EVGA GTX 660TI / 2 x ASUS VN279QL 27"
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do this for me please.

Pull your SATA drives from your system.
Clear CMOS - switch is at the back of the board, near to the keyboard and mouse ports

Power on

Do you get to BIOS and what are the 2 digit codes you are seeing.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Nodens
Level 16
djbeto2209 wrote:
I was deleting some drivers from programs that didnt get removed and once I did that

Also clarify this part. What drivers exactly were not getting removed and which programs do you know/think they belonged to. Also what exactly did you do to remove them?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

djbeto2209
Level 7
OK so I was able to get the computer going once I updated the BIOS but now the computer shuts off and on. I noticed that my Corsair Liquid Cooler will not turn on after the BIOS.

I tried updating the BIOS to Version 3301 using the FlashBack on the motherboard and that is when all hell broke loose.

I even tried removing the CMOS batter for a half an hour but no luck.
Cooler Master Cosmos II / Asus Maximus VI Extreme / i7 - 4770k 4.7 / Corsair H110 / Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866MHz / Samsung 840 EVO 750gb / 1TB Western Digital / EVGA GTX 660TI / 2 x ASUS VN279QL 27"

HiVizMan
Level 40
Swap your Cooler. There have been reports of Corsair firmware update causing this havoc.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.