cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Rampage 2 Extreme problem

atastyham
Level 7
Hey guys, I have a weird issue with my rampage 2 extreme since yesterday. I swapped my video card and since then the computer won't turn on using the power button. The power button on the case literally does nothing when I press it, the ROG logo on the motherboard is just slowly pulsing and the Start, Reset, and the Arrow buttons on the motherboard are lit up. If I press the "Start" button on the motherboard the computer turns on and works just fine. If I shut it down however it doesn't turn back on until I press the "Start" button on the motherboard... Any ideas?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Check your inout headers, when you changed the card I would guess they shifted or were pulled off.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'll check when i get home and kick myself really hard if that's what happened... I just saw that my LCD poster was really faded and you can't read anything on it that well anymore so I automatically assumed it's something like a short or something to do with power, but then I got it to turn on using the onboard start button and figured it can't be a short and didn't even check the inout headers haha... I'll let you know when I get home.

atastyham
Level 7
Ok, it turned out the power wires got a bit loose from the input header... I feel very silly now for not checking the most obvious thing first. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!