cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Panel Firmware Update!

Scorpion
Level 9
Asus posted a new firmware update for the OC Panel...any idea what changed/fixed/added?

And of course no update notes....:mad:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+VI+EXTREME&p=1&s=45
41 REPLIES 41

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please use the link that is provided in the guide.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please use the link that is provided in the guide.

I hate to be a pain... but what guide?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are kidding me right, you have not even read this entire thread? 🙂

Post #5
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
You are kidding me right, you have not even read this entire thread? 🙂

Post #5

Yes I had read the entire thread several times to see if had missed anything. The only thing I saw in post #5 was -->

"step 2 run the tool then select the location of the firmware update
(not sure about the renaming of the other firm ware listed on the max 6 page)"

Where is this "max 6 page"?

Breimeister wrote:
Yes I had read the entire thread several times to see if had missed anything. The only thing I saw in post #5 was -->

I posted the link to maximus 6 support page it would be firmware that has the download they seem to be the same as the firmware on the oc panel support page

Breimeister wrote:

Mate the link to the OC panel firmware is in the guide. Please just use that. It works just fine.

HiVizMan wrote:
Mate the link to the OC panel firmware is in the guide. Please just use that. It works just fine.

I did not ask for the link to the OC Panel firmware. I download the firmware and the update application and I successfully updated the firmware of my OC Panel - at least that is what the update application tells me.

What I asked about is the firmware archive which contains three files and the update application only allows you to select the H00 file. I was wondering about the other two hexadecimal files in the archive, H01 and H02, what are they for? I read in post #5 something about the renaming of the other firmware and I wondered what that was about because I did not see any mention about renaming the firmware in any guide.

I have looked in the guide that came with the OC Panel and it is the same guide that you can download. There is nothing there about firmware except a link to the Asus support page. Whoopee, something that refers to itself!

I have looked in the guide for my motherboard, the Maximus VI Hero and there is nothing there about the OC Panel other than you can connect it to this motherboard.

I even downloaded the manual for the Maximus VI Extreme because I know the OC Panel comes with that motherboard. The only information I got from that guide is to disable Intel xHCI mode in the bios before updating the OC Panel firmware. Mine was set to Smart Auto so maybe it was disabled. There are no instructions there on how to do the actual update or that you still need to get the OC Panel support page to download the update application.

Good companies will put instructions on how to update the firmware for their products into the archive that has the firmware! Asus should be ashamed of themselves.

I asked about the two extra hexadecimal files in the firmware archive; if you don't know what they are for, don't say anything. Please don't refer me to some link in some guide, I don't do ESP and I don't want to waste a LOT of time searching everywhere. If you want to be helpful, please provide the link in your post.

This forum looks like it may be going the way of USEnet. 😞
Merry Christmas!

Dave6479
Level 7
Thanks, got the firmware updated here OK.
I7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, Custom Water Loop
Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87, BIOS 1603
EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3, Vulkan 356.43 Skyn3t VBIOS
Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 16GB
Samsung 850 250GB SSD (OS)
Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Corsair GT 120 SSD
Corsair Performance Pro 128 SSD
OCZ Vertex4 120 SSD
PSU EVGA SuperNova 1300W
ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync
Oculus Rift DK2 + Leap Motion
Windows 10 64-Bit Insider Build 14271

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thank you for your comments about the company, this forum and the product so noted and certainly taken on board.

I misunderstood what you were asking earlier about the firmware link and for that I do apologies. But since you are sorted and you have updated your firmware all is good then.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Hi,
Tried to download the firmware update tool. But the link: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/OC_Panel/ opens an empty page.
Could somebody help?
Tom