cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Panel Firmware Update!

Scorpion
Level 9
Asus posted a new firmware update for the OC Panel...any idea what changed/fixed/added?

And of course no update notes....:mad:

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=MAXIMUS+VI+EXTREME&p=1&s=45
41 REPLIES 41

AnTiLooP
Level 7
I have an OC Panel attached to my HERO board. Will this firmware update work on it ? also, how to I update it's firmware? Thanks.

please do let us know I really like to update this oc panel max 6 extreme

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK I will put together a guide how to update the firmware.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

evilmustang66
Level 10
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/OC_Panel/
disable Intel xHCI mode in the bios before updating
first off step 1 go to web site grab the tool under download and the the firm ware select your windows you are running example win 7 64bit or win 8.1 64 bit etc so on.31350
step 2 run the tool then select the location of the firmware update
(not sure about the renaming of the other firm ware listed on the max 6 page)http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=45&m=MAXIMUS+VI+EXTREME&os=&hashedid=EUUwd8...

step 3 select run / start watch it update the firmware in windows it should say pass then your done
]31353

I cannot or do not know the difference on the bios firmware that is mark as their is three of them if the step fails try running the program as admin

evilmustang66
Level 10
I hope this helps from what I found out on my own please HiVizMan chime in if I missed anything thanks;)

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL you have just made me redundant, and on Christmas week tool. 😄 Have repped you mate. Well done.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Hello all,

I started the update as per instructions, but it seems stuck at the point shown in the pic. The "Start" button is still active.

Did I brick my panel?

:-((((

Best regards,

Bogdan

Same problem here. I let it sit for 30 minutes but it was pretty clear it crashed. Now I get no display on the panel at all. The firmware updater still detects the unit, and it will get stuck at different spots (highest it's gone is Adr:034).

Bricked? Any workaround? I removed the unit from power for a week and tried again, no luck.

Bogroca wrote:
Hello all,

I started the update as per instructions, but it seems stuck at the point shown in the pic. The "Start" button is still active.

Did I brick my panel?

:-((((

Best regards,

Bogdan
Rampage IV Black Edition | 4960X 4.5 GHz x6 @ ~1.232V | 64 GB 2133 1.5V @ Stock XMP
2x Crossfire Matrix Platinum 7970s @ Stock | AX1200i | H100i | Corsair Link Commander
1 TB EVO | 3 TB WD Red | CoolerMaster Cosmos II

jeepcoma wrote:
Same problem here. I let it sit for 30 minutes but it was pretty clear it crashed. Now I get no display on the panel at all. The firmware updater still detects the unit, and it will get stuck at different spots (highest it's gone is Adr:034).

Bricked? Any workaround? I removed the unit from power for a week and tried again, no luck.

Did you fix it? i get the same problem if i try to upgrade my OC Panel. stuck on ROG OC PANEL - Programming BK:1 Adr:042

Anyone have an idea what to do now?

EDIT: For all with this issues, deactivate your Antivir, Firewall or any other programm in background! Thats works for me!