cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 + corsair vengeance + rampage IV extreme ?

StarFyre
Level 7
Hey,

some some threads that on the mobos in question, vengeance ram due to the heat spreader was too tall and couldn't fit with this cooler. Was wondering if the Rampage IV extreme has the same issue?

I have this ram: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=612&item_id=044829
2 sticks, so have to use slots B1 and D1 i believe (don't have mobo manual with me)

Anyone try it?

Regards,

Sanjay
6 REPLIES 6

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Sanjay

You should not have any problem - just use the two slots furtherest from the CPU on either side and you will be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

But with 2 sticks, the mobo manual i think said to use B1 and D1 😞

what happens if I use....i think A1 and C1 on the far edges?

REgards,

Sanjay

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your motherboard works as per normal. I use those two slots for all my benching sessions.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The Noctua site lists vengeance as incompatible. ( http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=34&lng=en ) However, if you are only running two sticks then yes you can get away with it; if you place them in the outer slots. On the left of the cpu you have no problem but on the right you will have to place the fan a bit forward of its ideal position but not so much as to make a difference to cooling. Of course you could just remove the RAM heatsinks as they're mostly there for show 😉

StarFyre
Level 7
when you say put the fan a bit forward...what do you mean exactly?

i'm planning to get the H80, but maybe also the nh-d14 se2011 as a backup incase there are ever issues with the H80...so don't have to wait for corsair rma. can setup with an air cooler in meantime 🙂

Sanjay

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK I'm looking at mine fitted to the board which, of course is mounted vertical in the case. like this the 120 mm fan is on the right clipped to the heat sinks. My ram is low enough that the center of the fan is at the center of the heat sink square. If the ram is higher you can simply move the fan outwards from the mother board a bit so one edge of the fan rests on the RAM top and one edge of the fan pokes out a few millimeters from the heat sink.

Edit: by the way I had a h100 and the NH-D14 the Noctua matched the h100 at stock at idle and load. The h100 leaked in pump/fan controller before I could test at overclocks ...... so I cant say which is better there.....but the Noctua is in my rig now and cooling while the H100 is propping up landfill...