Corsair Vengence 1600 ram @ 2x8
EVGA GTX 780 with ACX 3 gb ddr 5
Samsung 840 pro 256 gb
Seagate 1T 7200 for Programs
Seagate 3T 7200 for Backups and Storage
Pioneer Bluray optical
Cooler Master HAF XM case
PSU is Antec HX 850 Platinum

All connects to MoBo seem right and all fans and hard drives are spinning.
I just can't get video and so far have tried hdmi to monitor and DVI with no luck. It boots the Windows 8 cd, but I can't see anything to procede. I have tried my old video card which is a EVGA GTX 580 with same results. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate can you please tell me what you are using as a monitor?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Chino
Level 15
Welcome to the ROG forums, Dutchie.

1. Download the 0804 BIOS from Asus website.
2. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
3. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to M6H.CAP.
4. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
5. Connect the USB pendrive to the the USB port that's right below the USB BIOS Flashback button.
6. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button for three seconds until the LED begins to blink, then release.
7. Wait until the LED stops blinking.
8. Power on your system.

Do you see any video now?

Tried a different USB pendrive and when I plug it in it flashes once. when I push the button, nothing.

Holy ****!! HiVizMan, thank you! I'm 63 and sometimes I think I'm getting senile. I didn't take note of your total second paragraph. LOL, it hit me there must be a button to change the mode! DOH!!! got the monitor into "Digital Mode" and away we go.....it's all up now. My god, I've probably built over a hundred systems in one configuration or another. I have a MCSE in Win 2000, 2003, 2007, and was system admin at a fairly large company for quite a long time. Sheesh, just goes to show you how very, very simple a problem can be. Okay, enough of my rambling. I'm going and getting this beast finished so I can get back into some games. Cheers mate!:cool:

You can mark this puppy "SOLVED IN SPITE OF SENILE OLD DUDE"

Dutchie
Level 7
Using a Samsung P2770 monitor. Chino, thanks for the welcome. This is my first RoG based MoBo and this one was purchased to last quite a while. I'm gettin up there in age but still love to game. Been doin it awhile. Back to the problem, this is one I've not run into before. I've built a LOT of systems before this but it's got me shaking my head. I've tried the USB Flashback, but the pendrive led is not blinking. That's about where I'm at. I'm going to try a different pendrive and see if that works.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please try a different PCIe lane.

And can you confirm that your VGA fan spins up? And that all your PSU cable to the VGA are connected.

And finally (please do not laugh but I have actually done this) can you ensure the monitor is powered on and that you have the input mode matched with the cable connection.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Please try a different PCIe lane.

And can you confirm that your VGA fan spins up? And that all your PSU cable to the VGA are connected.

And finally (please do not laugh but I have actually done this) can you ensure the monitor is powered on and that you have the input mode matched with the cable connection.

Thanks for the response HiVizMan, the VGA fans are running and both PSU cables are connected to the card. This monitor is showing analog when I disconnect the DVI cable. I've tried pushing the menu button but that doesn't seem to work.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I wonder if the CPU is toast.

I have a 3820 CPU that will not power or worth the first PCIe lane. All the others work fine.

You say your vga will not work in any of the PCIe lanes?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Dude we all have face palm moments.

My personal best happened in front of 250 IT students at a London University. Was doing a demo of the then newly launched RIVE board. 50l of LN2 and heaps of razzmatazz - PA is cranking out some anouncer introducing us. I start the system. LED lights work fine, system boot up.

BUT no screen.

OK check the VGA
Check the cable
Check the PSU
Checked everything

No video.

Swapped out the motherboard, the VGA the CPU everything.

Still no video.

Crowd is getting restless they are students after all attention span of about 40 secs on a good day. Don't know why and certainly am getting to the point where I am going to have to call it a day.

But wait just like the TV quiz shows when you are stuck phone a friend. Um where is my phone... I know I brought it with me.

Ah right memory kicks in I recall that my phone was being charged. You guessed it. I had needed a plug point for the phone charger. And pulled the plug from the 65 inch screen we used for that demonstrations. 😄

Dude did I feel like a right nob, but the rest of the afternoon went really well. :eek::eek: