cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No q-fan control for cpu_opt R4BE

astroice
Level 7
I have an AIO cooling setup Nepton 280L for my R4BE. Have the pump on the cpu fan plug and the radiator fans on the cpu_opt plug. In the bios there is no q-fan controls for the cpu_opt. Would it be best to put the radiator fans on something else?

Have not started to tweak anything yet, just getting everything setup.

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Quick question is there a reason why you are not using the CPU fan header?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Raja
Level 13
astroice wrote:
I have an AIO cooling setup Nepton 280L for my R4BE. Have the pump on the cpu fan plug and the radiator fans on the cpu_opt plug. In the bios there is no q-fan controls for the cpu_opt. Would it be best to put the radiator fans on something else?

Have not started to tweak anything yet, just getting everything setup.

Any thoughts?

The CPU_FAN and CPU-OPT headers are tied. If you control the CPU fan header, the OPT header gets the same settings applied - they are not independent agents. The only thing you need to bear in mind is that the CPU-OPT fan header will not control 3 pin fans (4 pin only), while the CPU_FAN is 4pin and 3pin capable.

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
I use both the CPU_FAN & CPU_OPT headers. Each goes to a "Y" cable so all 4 of my p-p fans go the same speed (see my pics in my ModsRigs, sig below).

FYI on the RIVE only CPU_FAN (& CPU_OPT) & CHA_FANx headers are speed controlled. Depite the appearance of an adjustment in the BIOS the OPT_FANx headers keep those fans at 100% constantly. I wonder if the RIVBE is the same way (you would need to plug in 4-pin true PWM fans to find out).
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.