cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No post after 4102 bios flash

GuzMonster
Level 7
Just flashed my RIVE to 4102 bios and the pc does not post any longer. Bios debug code shows b2, and vga led is lit. I did a usb bios flashback to 4004 but board still does not post. I've tried bios 2 to no avail. Please help.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5
8 REPLIES 8

Melting_Point
Level 10
Have you tried completely powering down the PSU by disconnecting the mains for a few minutes, then powering back on?
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

HiVizMan
Level 40
Clear CMOS with the power cables disconnected and that includes the VGA cables.

Leave for two hours.

Then boot into BIOS and continue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Pratham
Level 10
Yeah last time I had this problem with RIVE..I disconnected all the wires from motherboard cleared CMOS & it was back on track after 1/2 hour... you probably did not complete whole flashing process..that's what happened to me...

GuzMonster
Level 7
Disconnected all the power cables, cleared cmos, took out the battery overnight but still the same problem. Since my SLI titans are watercooled I've turned off the pcie lanes from the dip switches, but neither card posts.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

HiVizMan
Level 40
You are getting some Q-codes during the POST process? You say you are getting to b2, check that your VGA cables are correctly seated and the SLi bridge.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

GuzMonster
Level 7
Yes I've double checked the power cables and sli bridge. I remember after the bios flash the board restarted then it powered off and finally restarted back up again. From then on it gets stuck on debug code b2 with the vga led on. Maybe what follows next is to drain the loop and try with another vga card?
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do think that you are going to have to strip your system at some time. You might as well do it now and let us see if we can sort this out ASAP.

GuzMonster
Level 7
It was indeed some kind of incompatibility with a moded titan bios. Went ahead and reflashed, all is well now. Thanks for the help.
z790 maximus hero
13900k intel
4090 geforce
tforce 7200 ddr5