Just build new system,
Asus maximus IV extreme-Z
Intel core i5 3570K
corsair dominator 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL10
Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SATA3 ssd
Asus GeForce GTX 670, 2048MB, DirectCU II
Zalman power supply ZM600-HP

I have the folloing problem,
When I start for the first time system will not boot,case fans, vga fans and cpu cooler starts.
System shuts down and restarts a few times ans than hangs with error code F2.
Onboard leds cpu, ddr and pch show green.
Q leds dram and cpu flash a few times and dram is on steady.
Nothing else happens only code F2 and Q led dram and no picture on the monitor.
Tried to reset bios by removing/installing the battery and cleared cmos with the jumper procedure.
No result same thing.
Here ends my knowledge and need some help.
Thanks in advance for some reply,

Alex.
1 REPLY 1

boyka
Level 9
You have to take the bios of the 3@@@ series, to be able to work with the ivy bridge on M4EZ.
If you see the CPU support list you'll understand...

Go to the official Asus site and download the bios, (perhaps the last one v.3402) http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_IV_ExtremeZ/#download

Then please follow these great guide left by our friend morheen2 and you're ready to go...

moorhen2 wrote:
Please follow the instructions to the letter,and you should be fine...

Originally Posted by moorhen2

Hi there,the simple answer is yes you can,using the ROG Connect procedure,ie,download the latest bios,using a memory stick formated to Fat32,place the bios file on it,rename it to M4EZ.ROM,with the board powered down,but still power to it,place the memory stick in the ROG Connect port,press the ROG Connect button next to it for several seconds then release,the LED light next to the first bios chip will start blinking,wait for this to stop blinking,it can take a few minutes,then your good to go.It is called flashing blind,you dont need a cpu installed.Hope this helps.

Here is the port you need to use.

I'm trying to help, sorry for my poor english... good luck and btw welcome to the rog family;)