Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New RSTe Driver - 3.2.0.1135

jezjohnson
Level 10
22 REPLIES 22

vacaloca
Level 9
Did you try them out? Any TRIM support for RAID0? Don't see any official changelog in the archive. I had to remove an Atheros based WiFi card (latest drivers from atheros.cz) from my system because I kept getting freezes/hangs when I switched to RAID0. RAID0 w/o the Atheros card has been stable.

I'll give them a shot in the next few days, most likely.

vacaloca wrote:
Did you try them out? Any TRIM support for RAID0? Don't see any official changelog in the archive. I had to remove an Atheros based WiFi card (latest drivers from atheros.cz) from my system because I kept getting freezes/hangs when I switched to RAID0. RAID0 w/o the Atheros card has been stable.

I'll give them a shot in the next few days, most likely.

This is not the 3.2.0.1135. It actually 3.2.0.1126.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

lenehan wrote:
This is not the 3.2.0.1135. It actually 3.2.0.1126.

This is the 3.2.0.1135 driver pack which incorporates SATA .1126 and SAS .1132 driver set

Installed these this morning and S.M.A.R.T. is now reporting. Didn't have time to check if TRIM was working over RAID, but the Intel SSD Toolbox is now finally working. :cool:
Intel 3930k @ 4.6GHz - 1.37V
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature 2
Samsung DDR3-1600 @ 1866 - 9-9-9-24 1T 1.35V
Intel 520 180GB
2 x Intel 320 120GB
PC Power & Cooling 950
Cooler Master HAF XM

Choppah4 wrote:
Installed these this morning and S.M.A.R.T. is now reporting. Didn't have time to check if TRIM was working over RAID, but the Intel SSD Toolbox is now finally working. :cool:

If someone can post how to verify if TRIM is working, I can test it out. I tried to look for some utility to verify, but came up empty-handed.

Anybody know why asus's page for RIVE board only show's 3.0.0.3011 when as far as i can tell there has been quite a few newer releases sine?

Chrisc2482 wrote:
Anybody know why asus's page for RIVE board only show's 3.0.0.3011 when as far as i can tell there has been quite a few newer releases sine?

Most of the time you do not need Asus wake you up there is an update for your component. Our forum member here act better most of the time as compared with Asus driver release team.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

vacaloca wrote:
If someone can post how to verify if TRIM is working, I can test it out. I tried to look for some utility to verify, but came up empty-handed.

Run Command Prompt with as administrator) and enter the follow command.

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If the result is '0' TRIM is enabled.

lenehan wrote:
Run Command Prompt with as administrator) and enter the follow command.

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If the result is '0' TRIM is enabled.

That's not really enough 🙂 The older driver that doesn't support TRIM reports that it's enabled when it's really not working. I haven't had time to look for hex editors that let me identify a file's sectors so that once I delete it, I can see if the disk sectors really did zero-out. I was hoping someone else would know one offhand or could direct me to a tool that checks for that automatically.