Intel i7 3930k

Intel thermal solution RTS 2011 LC

Corsair Dominator GT 12 gb

LG Bluray burner

Intel SSD 520 series 120 gb

Dual Asus GTX 570

RaidMax 850 AE Power supply

Antec 1200 case

Put everything together go to boot and nothing. Try various combos with the video cards, 1 card, 2 cards, 1 stick of ram, 2 sticks, 3 sticks. Tryed various SATA ports for the SSD and burner, tryed taking processor chip back out wiped off thermal paste then reapplied new paste, reseated chip and still nothing. Monitor will not come on at all. The boot device LED stays on throughout all of this, don't know what else to try, is it a bad board? I tryed 2 different monitors and a 55 inch tv and still nothing will show up on to the screen, no beeps or anything please help.
20 REPLIES 20

Matt B wrote:
I've check every cable a bunch of times, right now the code it is showing is a2

You know, I'm having that exact same problem. I even hooked up my speaker to the board and I hear it go BEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, and according to the manual, that means device system failure. Is this board FUBAR? Cause that would be just like ASUS to send me things that don't work.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.1.7600
CPU TYPE: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU SPEED: 3.33 GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme BF3 Edition
SYSTEM MEMORY: 31.98 GB
MEMORY MODEL: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R
VIDEO CARD 1 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD 2 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 3.95 GB
HARD DISK SIZE: 1.82 TB
COOLING TYPE: Liquid
COOLING BRAND: Koolance.com

HiVizMan
Level 40
Your system is in BIOS by the way OP. The issue is why you can not see it.

Have a quick look at the cable that you are using to connect to a PC monitor. Are you using a HDMI? Can you swap the cable out.

Check the PCIe lane toggles next to the 24 Pin power connector are they all switched on?

Try to swap over to BIOS B while in standby mode.

Will check back a little later to see how it goes.

@shawn824 Hello mate.

Check and see that you have correctly seated the 12v 8pin power connector. What you describe happens when the 8pin is not making contact.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have the same problem, everything connected correct and tried all that i think could be wrong,still just the start and reset button is shining and the orange led on the board, maybe some other tricks to try? any help plz

Claviger
Level 9
As HIVIZMAN posted, ensure correct cable, try both BIOSes, and still @ A2 but nothing, I would use the BIOS flashback feature.

I have had a working R4G setup boot, go to A2, and not display anything, this ONLY happened to me when my RAM timings were just slightly too agressive, allowing it to post fine, but crashed as soon as it tried to show anything resulting in a black screen.

Shamino
does your numlock work when u're stuck at A2? just trying to figure out if system really crashed or just no display out (monitor thingy)

Shamino wrote:
does your numlock work when u're stuck at A2? just trying to figure out if system really crashed or just no display out (monitor thingy)

Oh ya, it was the monitor issue that was holding me back, now since my system is completely liquid cooled...how do I turn off the CPU fan monitor cause it wont let me continue. I know its a fail safe but its not needed cause there are no moving cooling parts in my rig
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2.6.1.7600
CPU TYPE: Intel® Core™ i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU SPEED: 3.33 GHz
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme BF3 Edition
SYSTEM MEMORY: 31.98 GB
MEMORY MODEL: Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R
VIDEO CARD 1 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD 2 MODEL:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
VIDEO CARD MEMORY: 3.95 GB
HARD DISK SIZE: 1.82 TB
COOLING TYPE: Liquid
COOLING BRAND: Koolance.com

Matt_B
Level 9
Sorry to not have updated this sooner, turns out the problem was with the monitor. For some reason my 22 inch widescreen HANNS-G monitor was not being recognized. I was almost about to give up and I decided to try my little 15 inch monitor just for the hell of it one last time, even though I had tryed it before along with our living room TV. This time it worked and went into the boot screen and BIOS and I got to install WIN 7. YAY! LOL. I was happy and still am HAPPY! Now I can play BF3 and Star Craft2 all on maxxed out setting!!! LOL. So to anyone having similar problems try a different monitor if you can. Good luck and try and relax, I was getting really depressed and frustrated. Be patient you will find your problem and fix it .

Matt B wrote:
Sorry to not have updated this sooner, turns out the problem was with the monitor. For some reason my 22 inch widescreen HANNS-G monitor was not being recognized. I was almost about to give up and I decided to try my little 15 inch monitor just for the hell of it one last time, even though I had tryed it before along with our living room TV. This time it worked and went into the boot screen and BIOS and I got to install WIN 7. YAY! LOL. I was happy and still am HAPPY! Now I can play BF3 and Star Craft2 all on maxxed out setting!!! LOL. So to anyone having similar problems try a different monitor if you can. Good luck and try and relax, I was getting really depressed and frustrated. Be patient you will find your problem and fix it .

I'm really happy to hear that it was not a serious problem, after spending lots of money for the your components it's only fair that you get to enjoy them.

NovaStorm
Level 7
Hi, I've got the Hans G 28" monitor and you have to use DVI cable or DVI to HDMI if you want to be able to see your bios screen appear before window loads. Assuming you have windows installed otherwise you will get the problem you have incountered.
Switch out your cable for the Hans G to DVI and you should be good to go 🙂
~ Rampage IV Extreme, Intel 3930K, Corsair H100, 16gb Corsair Dominator-GT 2133, 2X EVGA GTX 560's SLI, Crucial M4-SSD 256gb, NZXT Hal 90 850watt gold PSU, NZXT Full Tower Phantom ~ W7
~

scotland21
Level 9
you can disable it under the monitor options in bios,
fan speed monitor,
cpu fan speed,
low limit,
ignore
G.Skill 16GB (4x 4GB) Quad Channel Ripjaws Z Series Memory Kit PC3-19200 CL10-12-12-31
CM Storm Stryker \ Rampage IV Formula BF3 edition \ SickleFlow 120 Green LED \ WIN7 PRO X64
SanDisk SDSSDX-120G-G25 SATA III \ OCZ Solid 3 120GB SATA III SSD \ RAID0
Mushkin Chronos 60GB SATA III SSD \ OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA III SSD \ 2 x EVGA 660TI 2048MB SLI