Intel i7 3930k

Intel thermal solution RTS 2011 LC

Corsair Dominator GT 12 gb

LG Bluray burner

Intel SSD 520 series 120 gb

Dual Asus GTX 570

RaidMax 850 AE Power supply

Antec 1200 case

Put everything together go to boot and nothing. Try various combos with the video cards, 1 card, 2 cards, 1 stick of ram, 2 sticks, 3 sticks. Tryed various SATA ports for the SSD and burner, tryed taking processor chip back out wiped off thermal paste then reapplied new paste, reseated chip and still nothing. Monitor will not come on at all. The boot device LED stays on throughout all of this, don't know what else to try, is it a bad board? I tryed 2 different monitors and a 55 inch tv and still nothing will show up on to the screen, no beeps or anything please help.
20 REPLIES 20

Karmageddon
Level 7
Double check all the power cords are plugged in properly, does the boot LED display a code? If so what code does it say

My Build

I7 3730k at 4.7 ghz
H100
16gb Corsair Dominator GT RAM at 1866 mhz
2 x Asus GTX DCU2 670's overclocked at 1258 mhz
1 x 1tb Storage Drive
1 x 2 tb Game Drive
1x 60 gb SSD Boot Drive
CoolerMaster HAF X
Kingwin Lazer 1000w

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
PLease posts the codes on the motherboard so technicians and moderators can assists...
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

I've check every cable a bunch of times, right now the code it is showing is a2

Matt B wrote:
I've check every cable a bunch of times, right now the code it is showing is a2

I had A2... before I think I recall it's loading up... I know it's quite slow... even I don't have the patience when I'm eager to modify my RIG by wanting to overclock it and use softwares to install so I can able to use my investment so to speak... lol

If others say something else... well like HiVizMan says it's my own experience cos that's what my RIG gave me lol... so it's my own experience of my own perspective...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

Xtreme-Performance wrote:
I had A2... before I think I recall it's loading up... I know it's quite slow... even I don't have the patience when I'm eager to modify my RIG by wanting to overclock it and use softwares to install so I can able to use my investment so to speak... lol

If others say something else... well like HiVizMan says it's my own experience cos that's what my RIG gave me lol... so it's my own experience of my own perspective...

So I'm clear, what's happening to me is basically nothing is coming on to my monitor, it does not boot at all, the monitor led remains on orange where if it were on it would be green. It just stay in a2, before as I would trying random combos wit the bid cards, ram and SATA wires coming from my hd and Bluray, the code woul stay in 62 or 65 I believe, now it's just on a2. Now I have all 3 ram chips in and both vid cards.

I'm completely at the mercy if this forum. I have nothing else to try other than get a hold of the manufacturer or something and I'm really not wanting to do that at all, I'm really hoping its some setting or something, I'm really excited to get this system working, totaled bummed about this so far, very frustrating to say the least so I really appreciate any help. I can't think of anything else to try. Is may ram, SSD, vid card compatible? Am I missing something?

Just have patience until Moderators posts... I was excited too... cos I was installing my Starcraft II CD... and then I wanted to install multiple HDD then it went blue screen on my ass..

I felt the same as you when I got started with my RIG lol With all the advertisement they showed I was pumped up with adrenaline rush when I purchased everything I needed to build a first custom build PC... (technically I purchased a ibuypower with ASUS motherboard) I blame ibuypower.com for using ASUS now I'm addicted enthusiast... lmfao

Thanks Ibuypower... now look what you made me do... I'm stuck posting in this forum and have not much life except having a conversation posting with other people when I could be gaming... or trying my RIG with other applications like AutoCad 2004...

Guess you realize... ASUS impressive speed... but when it comes tp get people adrenaline rush for a product... customer service is rather slow... lol May takes an hour or couple of days or couple weeks...

That's why I'm impressed how one person posted his RMA experience how it took almost 7-10 months and he never got angry... That's what I call a trooper lol

Hey man, I have a similar setup as you do, and I'm having roughly the same problem oddly enough. I literally just finished putting everything together a few hours ago, and now I can't get the thing to boot. Does your "start" button on the board light up? Mine does and when I press it, nothing happens. Although nothing comes up on the LED debug panel. Thats just blank.

Have you had any luck since your last post?

On the left of the mobo the EZ_PLUG_1 and EZ_PLUG_2 are not plugged in, does this matter. Earlier I had them both plugged in with no affect seemingly. Also, the only connector I have to fit the EZ_PLUG_1 is on the PCI-E cord which I need to power one of the bid cards, if you follow me.