cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new bios problems

Psycrow
Level 11
I updated the bios on my rampage formula to 4310 and alot of changes was made sine i last updated to 4006.
But sometimes when i reboot my pc and start cpu z then it shows me i have triple channel ram and i HAVE quad channel 4x4 G skill ddr 3 ripjaw..so why does it show me trible channel some times and sometimes it says quad like it should do..also under windows properties it shows 12 gb ram when cpu Z finaly shows 16 bg quad...

Also i use to clock my cpu to 4400 mhz but it wont go further than 4300 when i run prime95..i forgot how to make it clock further to 4400 rather than 4300 when clearly the bios shows 4400 and its set to 44..how do i change that in bios so it goes 4400 mhz ? like it use to
9 REPLIES 9

abvolt
Level 11
I have the same weird problems with 4310 also plus it would not stop rebooting over & over again also the fans were acting weird had to revert back to fix it.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

I haven't flashed my bios yet on my RIVG, but I am so picky that when it comes time I will do a fresh install of windows after the flash.
...wide open

abvolt
Level 11
That's interesting and why do you do that if I might ask.
Current: MSI Xpower Gaming Titanium | 7700K | G Skill Ripjaws V 3000 16Gb | 960 EVO 500Gb | Intel 730 480Gb | Seasonic 1000 Platinum |
NZXT X62 | Acer XB270HU | EVGA 1080 ti FTW3

Secondary: R4BE | 4930K | G.SKILL 2400 16GB | Corsair AX 1500i
Intel 730 240GB + 480GB | EVGA GTX780 ti sli kpe | Custom H20

abvolt wrote:
That's interesting and why do you do that if I might ask.

there is plenty of information on google about your very same problem, "windows won't boot after bios update" more than likely related to secure boot.

I like reinstalling operating systems, I find it a bit addictive lol... slipstreaming base drivers and removal of components I would never use ect. You can get quite a few per-installation environments from 3rd party sources which are a bit easier than figuring out WinPE, there are various different ones depending on which version of windows you use.

Since Win7, Microsoft operating system has a lot more realtime control over hardware and the way windows can and does access the processor itself. You have a unique processor identity and Identity Protection (IPT) running when you installed MEI.

Your windows will not boot because of these 3 things combined, it is not an issue with the bios, it is an issue with the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) on the small efi boot partition on the harddrive. Your harddrive thinks it's in another machine...

if you do end up doing a reinstall of windows 7 or 8, you may want to try to disable secure boot in the bios first and after you are at the driver install phase and on the desktop you may also want to skip MEI driver installation if you do not use Ai Suite.

That's what I am going to do on my next run, unless I can get IPT and DAL out of MEI first (even though that is what MEI mainly consists of)
...wide open

Psycrow
Level 11
Btw how do i change my cpu to go further than 4300 mhz..i forgot were to adjust it in the bios

Psycrow
Level 11
Also my bios shows 12 gb ram and windows also states i have 12 GB but all other HW info tools shows 16 GB 4 slots....what is wrong here

Psycrow
Level 11
I took my ram out and cdpu out and did a clear cmos and tested all ram and then i started my pc..now it shows 16 gb ...wierd..i dident do anything beside take hardware out and in

Psycrow wrote:
I took my ram out and cdpu out and did a clear cmos and tested all ram and then i started my pc..now it shows 16 gb ...wierd..i dident do anything beside take hardware out and in

glad you resolved it :cool:
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

HiVizMan
Level 40
It might just have needed to retrain your memory and when you took the sticks out you force the system to retain.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.