New BIOS 2401

Geraldoaj
Level 7
MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 2401
Improve system stability.

Anyone tried it?
34 REPLIES 34

Earnest Bunbury wrote:
I check for bios updates a lot since I have nothing better to do, updated to 2401 weeks ago and been fine so far. I'll try to go back to 2012 since the others have been pulled... be nice to know the problem with the other ones that were pulled. Update: No going back, not a recognized bios in EZ Flash 2 so going to use Bios Flashback. AND not going to upgrade bios again. ASUS, how about some info on this and why it was pulled?

Many of us are waiting to know what happend to those BIOs. I'm not rolling back yet since most surely they'll come up with a fix (If it was ever needed).

Budge4
Level 7
I just went back to 1002 from 2401 without any problem. The last couple of bios versions were giving me trouble when I chose the XMP setting, 2401 wouldn't even boot, kept getting overclock failed message. Went back to 1002 and can use XMP setting again.

Hi guys, don't know if anybody can help me but I have these RAMs Kingston 16GB KIT DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Savage Series and if I set XMP profile, the system set them to 1600Mhz. Do you have an idea what could be a problem? I can turn of XMP a set them manually at 1866Mhz but this is not the right way I would say. Thanks.

Btw, do you have an idea why all versions of bios after 2012 were removed from ASUS support site ??? I'm on 2401 so I'm bit worried why they were removed. However, I did not notice any issues yet....

misiak wrote:
Btw, do you have an idea why all versions of bios after 2012 were removed from ASUS support site ??? I'm on 2401 so I'm bit worried why they were removed. However, I did not notice any issues yet....

I too would like to know the answer, maybe a new post is in order.