Geraldoaj
Level 7
MAXIMUS VII HERO BIOS 2401
Improve system stability.

Anyone tried it?
34 REPLIES 34

Puffnstuff
Level 10
For people trying to roll back, did you use the bios level flash utility or the windows utility in ai suite 3?
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

fidelity
Level 7
I managed to downgrade directly to 2201 from 2401 using BIOS flashback. EZ flash 2 just reported it doesn't recognize the older BIOS file. So, for those who wan't to downgrade, just use the BIOS flashback procedure.

For Hero, rename the BIOS .cap file to M7H.cap and place it on a USB stick. Then turn off the computer, plug the stick to the USB3.0 port next to the BIOS flashback button, and press the button for 3 seconds. After the light stops blinking the update is finished and you can boot up.

My issue was that my GPU slot was stuck at x1 after update to 2401. It turned out that the problem was probably due to poor connection with one of the pci pins, because cleaning them and reinserting the GPU increased the speed back to x16. I also updated the BIOS back to 2401 with EZ Flash 2 and have had no problems, yet.

Margus
Level 7
ppl who have problems yeah i figured it out did you guys updated ME also witch included support 5th gen there is Windows based asus bios updater. You guys simply updateing bIos but not ME .. ME Update package included in another tab. i have no issues ocing my 4970k its does 1.210v 4.6 ghz

Margus wrote:
ppl who have problems yeah i figured it out did you guys updated ME also witch included support 5th gen there is Windows based asus bios updater. You guys simply updateing bIos but not ME .. ME Update package included in another tab. i have no issues ocing my 4970k its does 1.210v 4.6 ghz

Hi, I have the same CPU. Do you have any special settings in bios to achieve 4.6GHz at 1.210V ?? I'm actually running 4.5@1.25V but I'm bit worried that 1.210 would be unstable. Thx!

koroziv
Level 9
Do you have a link for that windows based bios updater ?

Puffnstuff
Level 10
The windows bios utility is part of ai suite 3.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Puffnstuff wrote:
The windows bios utility is part of ai suite 3.

Well that sucks, I'm not installing all that crapware again... All i need is a simple app that reads the bios version from windows and checks for updates on asus servers. I can live without it, it's not hard to use an usb stick, but if you bother to do something keep it simple and secure.

Geraldoaj
Level 7
I am having a problem in cold boot that i thought to be resolved but it is very frequent now. No overclock here:

When i power on the PC it shutdown then automaticaly on again but hangs right after on asus boot screen. Any tips? Already loaded default settings in BIOS. Using latest bios here and thinking in rolling back.

Sometimes it works when i power on the line filter and wait 10 seconds before power on the PC. BUt sometimes don´t...

Antykain
Level 7
I was going to try this BIOS, but.. It's now gone. There is another thread talking about the disappearance of the last few BIOS releases, and still not sure why they have been pulled. I'm sure many others would love to know why they were pulled.. Surely it can't be anything harmful by any means, or ASUS would have released a statement of some sort as to the reason why the BIOS's were pulled in the first place.

Who knows..
| ASUS Z390 Maximus XI Hero Wi-Fi | Intel i9-9900K | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz 16GB | Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD | Samsung 860 1TB GB SSD x 2 | Corsair AX860i | ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz x2 | XSPC & EK Custom Watercooling |

Earnest_Bunbury
Level 7
I check for bios updates a lot since I have nothing better to do, updated to 2401 weeks ago and been fine so far. I'll try to go back to 2012 since the others have been pulled... be nice to know the problem with the other ones that were pulled. Update: No going back, not a recognized bios in EZ Flash 2 so going to use Bios Flashback. AND not going to upgrade bios again. ASUS, how about some info on this and why it was pulled?