cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need tuning help

Shadowarez
Level 7
Atm my cpu is stuck at 4.4ghz till I can flash back to stock bios. Here are some bios screens of digi power control. I followed the guide here ivy overclocking when I had stock bios worked like a dream.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ldhkttbcz7eh2b/digi.BMP
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqtquh107uv7rvr/digi2.BMP

Rig
Intel i7-4960x 4.4Ghz
Asus Rive Be (Bios 0602)
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32Gb 2400mhz
Evga Super Nova Nex 1500watt Psu
Zalman Reserator Max 3 Aio
Samsung 840Pro 256Gbx2
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You know you can clear any OC settings simply by pressing F5 in BIOS and then F10....or by pressing clear CMOS button on I/O panel right? You don't have to flash the BIOS to clear it back to stock.....sorry if this is obvious....just sounds like....

Shadowarez
Level 7
Oh I know im wanting to get back to bios 0403 im talking bout tuning these settings if anyone sees something im overtuning in this section for a 4.4Ghz Oc. Sorry for confusion lol I know how to clear Oc settings

Melting_Point
Level 10
Your LLC is very high. I don't think you need it that high. Medium should be enough.

Also, did you change the CPU voltage freq to manual and set it at 500kHz, or was it always like that? You should try to keep the switching freq as low as you can. The higher this value is, the faster the VRM can respond to changes in CPU current requirements, be at the cost of heating up the VRM. If you ran at a lower freq without any issues, then all you're getting from a higher freq is more heat.
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

Shadowarez
Level 7
Thank you thats what was wondering I set xmp since I have corsair Dominator Platinum 32Gb 2400mhz. Iv tried manually tweaking it on Manuel the second I set it to 2400mhz comp wont boot get the dredded 00 Qcode or 25 wich isnt even in book. I even put in timing set by corsair but it doesnt want to run 2400 without xmp.

The 500 was from a guide to test stability iv got it running 1.2v at 4.4ghz but wanted to tune this Beast since these settings were from the guide on here. But since chip wont handle 4.8ghz anymore want to clean settings a bit.no sence making this Beast work harder when doesnt need to.