cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guide to OC 4790K on M6F

DonWuLFF
Level 7
Hi,this is my first time OC. Was tried before,follow the setting from other forumer Thread,but seems not working well.

My pc spec is,i7 4790K , M6F , gskill ripjawx 1600 8gb x2. Watercool using Larkooler SkyWater. Cooling cpu and the CrossChill hybrid thermal on M6F.
Glad if someone can guide me on this, newbie like me,scared that I burn the chip, 🙂
72 REPLIES 72

Nate152
Hello DonWulff,

If you followed pdastrly's thread then you already have prime95, cpu-z and real temp 3.70 installed.

Go into the bios and hit F5 to set defaults. Go to extreme tweaker tab and set the ai overclock tuner to manual. Sync all cores and set the cpu core ratio to 44 and the cpu core voltage to 1.25v. F10 and Enter.

Do this and return here.

DonWuLFF
Level 7
Yes. Done.

Nate152
OK, let's see how well your larkooler skywater cpu cooler handles 1.25v.

Open up prime 95, cpu-z and real temp, run the small FFT test in prime95 for 3 minutes monitoring temps with real temp and monitor cpu-z to see that the core voltage is 1.25v.

If the temps go into the 90's stop the test immediately.

please post you maximum temps.

DonWuLFF
Level 7
Forgot to add,before this was only using seidon 120xl. The temp only reach 100 on 4.6

Now,The temp is already more than 90. 😞 max temp 100.

Nate152
OK, we don't want to see 100c. Since we are stress testing we can let a little more than 90c slide. Once we get finshed you won't ever see temps that high.

All right, go back into the bios and raise the cpu core ratio to 46, F10 and Enter.

Return here and run the test again for 3 minutes. Did you get any errors in prime95 or blue screen or freezing?

DonWuLFF
Level 7
Is it ok to let the max temp 100 for 3min?

Nate152

DonWuLFF
Level 7
Yes,after hit the test,temp 90+ then later 100.

Nate152
OK, that is not good.

Go into the bios and lower the cpu core voltage to 1.20v. Let the cpu core ratio set to 46. F10 and Enter.

Return here and run the test again for 3 minutes.

Please post your maximum temps again.