cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Build (Picture Heavy)

Doco
Level 9
Finally! I have built my own pc from the ground up, the spec :

So thats NZXT - Havik 140, Phantom (revision 2- has a front panel USB 3.0), Additional 140 and 200 mm fan

Intel i7-2700K
HIS ICEQ 5670 1GB
Corsair VX550
Maximus Extreme IV-Z
8 GB Vengenance 1600 mhz HP ram
Windows 7 HP Retail (64-bit installed)
Segate Bar. 1TB 7200 Drive

Using Rat 7 and Cyborg V 7 with the WarPad as perpherials

I've taken alot of photos as its my first build but I'l try to limit how many I post lol, my main worry TBH with the build was getting the motherboard stand-offs right, If I messed that up and caused a short then I'd be pretty screwed but thankfully all went well

after that everything is pretty much "join the dots" (admitedly I have 1-2 questions about some things, and I installed the motherboard without installing the blue tooh adapter first - which was a real pain lol) but all went well, I had a problem when I first tried to boot up, I thought I broke something along the way but it turned out my ram modules hadnt been pused in far enough - no click - but after that everything booted up fine, installed windows with ease and downloaed the 60 odd update for WIN7 lol ( I have a problem with my tv creen and entering the bios but I've sorted that and its all been posted in another thread)

One thing I learned was the difficulty of cable managment - sure its only a few cables how ahrd can it be? - very bloody hard lol

before :

after (or best I could do lol ) :

few excess cables I didnt use got hid in the drive bay round the front :

the finished product more or less (the leads that are hidden in the drive bay0 :

and the tightness between first ram module and my cpu fan :

of coure new pc beside old pc :

thanks to the rather cool weather my cpu seems to be sitting at an idle tempeerature of around 20 degrees give or take

as soon as I get the tv/monitor thing sorted I'l see how well I can O.C. it

Thanks for your visit - any other pics you'd like to see?
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:
15 REPLIES 15

Retired
Not applicable
Nice, uv led in there would shine everything up...

great work..

yeh I considered getting some led strips, but decided that can be an add-on later - first wanted to see if I could actually build a pc XD

Retired
Not applicable
Mm, i only use led, no ccfl (i dont like the spectrum, and i don't want my whole living room in a orange color).. And you can hide the source better with led..

ebay have alot of cheap gear, from hong kong..

Wired led, led strips, everything.. uv/pink/prple, bicolor, flashing, yes u name it..

I get all my mod stuff from hong kong, and it's a bargain.

Check it out..

There is short led strips 24 led i think, they are great, and can be cut into desired lengths....

require some soldering, but thats fun.........

Often free shipping......

Retired
Not applicable
A tips. Before u plug in to the psu, try them out on a standard 12v adapter, (i dont know the name)..

I started of light, and now i only buy the hardware, everything else i do by hand, cables, connectors, splitters etc.. I saved a lot of money that way.. And its not so difficult..

i am going to build a ROG gene for my youngest daughter soon, i will use pink uv.. they are cool.....and special

My last purchase>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/220933367742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

There r no limits...... Change the led color in your fans?, easy..... Just an example

the 5mm i have got in the past, is brighter than the 10mm.. a coincidence maybe..

And the leftovers, i sell (auction), every time i end up with more money than i spent on the gear in the first place..

I don't say that this is the way to go, but its my way.....

slaytus
Level 10
Nice build man! With the red on mobo and ram looks sick with the black and white case. Looks awesome 🙂
wish i could of got red corsair they only had in black and blue when i ordered few months back lol
-|[ Clear Case ]|-
-|[ ASUS R.O.G. Crosshair III Formula ]|-
-|[ AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4GHZ (stock fan) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4X4GB DDR3-1600 ]|-
-|[ ASUS Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB (o.c. 870MHZ) ]|-
-|[ Corsair Pro Series HX1050 ]|-
-|[ Eyefinity 3x ASUS 21.5" LED 1080P (running at 5982X1080) ]|- ...Building

^With a medium Budget^
next in line:
*SSD * EXT. BluerayRW * Corsair H100

Yhe I do like the look of the phantom, always have, and the ROG series of boards have a very nice black?red theme going on, I decided to get red ram sticks as everyone seemed to be going for the black, but the board has enough black as it is and I think needed a wee bit more colour lol

angelostefan72
Level 7
very nice mate!!
Love the case too! (the white) hope tht it doesnt become yellow in time!
Have the same MB and cpu.
And love it!

Cool, what sort of OC can you get using thos cpu with this mobo?

Very nice. Nothing like the excitement of a fresh build!
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro