cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First Build (Picture Heavy)

Doco
Level 9
Finally! I have built my own pc from the ground up, the spec :

So thats NZXT - Havik 140, Phantom (revision 2- has a front panel USB 3.0), Additional 140 and 200 mm fan

Intel i7-2700K
HIS ICEQ 5670 1GB
Corsair VX550
Maximus Extreme IV-Z
8 GB Vengenance 1600 mhz HP ram
Windows 7 HP Retail (64-bit installed)
Segate Bar. 1TB 7200 Drive

Using Rat 7 and Cyborg V 7 with the WarPad as perpherials

I've taken alot of photos as its my first build but I'l try to limit how many I post lol, my main worry TBH with the build was getting the motherboard stand-offs right, If I messed that up and caused a short then I'd be pretty screwed but thankfully all went well

after that everything is pretty much "join the dots" (admitedly I have 1-2 questions about some things, and I installed the motherboard without installing the blue tooh adapter first - which was a real pain lol) but all went well, I had a problem when I first tried to boot up, I thought I broke something along the way but it turned out my ram modules hadnt been pused in far enough - no click - but after that everything booted up fine, installed windows with ease and downloaed the 60 odd update for WIN7 lol ( I have a problem with my tv creen and entering the bios but I've sorted that and its all been posted in another thread)

One thing I learned was the difficulty of cable managment - sure its only a few cables how ahrd can it be? - very bloody hard lol

before :

after (or best I could do lol ) :

few excess cables I didnt use got hid in the drive bay round the front :

the finished product more or less (the leads that are hidden in the drive bay0 :

and the tightness between first ram module and my cpu fan :

of coure new pc beside old pc :

thanks to the rather cool weather my cpu seems to be sitting at an idle tempeerature of around 20 degrees give or take

as soon as I get the tv/monitor thing sorted I'l see how well I can O.C. it

Thanks for your visit - any other pics you'd like to see?
i7-2700K @ 1.33v 4.6ghz/ Asus Maximus Extreme IV-Z
Nzxt Phantom + Nzxt Havik 140
His IceQ7950 3G/Corsair VX550
Finally Updated to Windows 7! :cool:
15 REPLIES 15

chrsplmr
Level 18
You made me love White again....being diabetic everything white is poison..except egg whites .. and this build.thnx.c.

puma99dk_
Level 9
that board looks gorgeous in that case Doco too bad i don't got the money for a Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z than i have bought it, but i took the Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 instead bcs it's like 50% price in my country than the Extreme-Z.

YehI'm really pleased with the build, have liked the look of the phantom from the get-go and I think the red and black of the ROG board really compliment each other, just started my first real delve into the overclocking business with my new build lol

Doco
Level 9
So I've slowly been lowering my vcore, keeping 4.6ghz O.C. and have been able to lower it to 1.33 - crashes is I lower it to 1.32 - this time been running intel burn test on high setting and to complete 10 times - good drop from 1.37 lol

Looks very nice. And that voltage is excellent. Keeps temps in tow.

Doco
Level 9
Yeh |I know I'm not doing any "extreme" stability tests, but I've played first mission in battlefield 3, played skyrim for bt 30 mins and converted 1hrs worth of video, no crashes "yet" but lookin stable, my temps have increased in the last day or so,, im about 38-40 degrees idle but then I knew i might have to re apply my thermal paste lol