cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motheroard stuck on code 38, sometimes 58

Retired
Not applicable
Hello, I have the asus maximus Iv extreme, I'm new in the forums, and my computer has been having too many problems.

After thinking that my computer had no more porblems after literally rma'ing all my parts, it still has problems.

so, when i turn on my computer, it goes from code 20, to 38, and stays there.
For a while, i could press the reset button like one thousand times, and it sometimes would sucessfully boot, but now it will not boot no more.

Also, when these codes occur, they occur during the booting of the ram, or dram, according to the motherboard.

Here are my specs:

Asus Maximus IV extreme:
Corsair vengeance 16GB ram
Evga Nvidia gtx 580
i7 2600k ram
ax 1200 watt Corsair power supply
Corsair 800d case
2 REPLIES 2

Retired
Not applicable
i'm having the same problem but with me it's 58 or 45 (4S) and it say's overclock failure but i'm not using overclock...

MIVE
Level 7
Speedster411 wrote:
Hello, I have the asus maximus Iv extreme, I'm new in the forums, and my computer has been having too many problems.

After thinking that my computer had no more porblems after literally rma'ing all my parts, it still has problems.

so, when i turn on my computer, it goes from code 20, to 38, and stays there.
For a while, i could press the reset button like one thousand times, and it sometimes would sucessfully boot, but now it will not boot no more.

Also, when these codes occur, they occur during the booting of the ram, or dram, according to the motherboard.

Here are my specs:

Asus Maximus IV extreme:
Corsair vengeance 16GB ram
Evga Nvidia gtx 580
i7 2600k ram
ax 1200 watt Corsair power supply
Corsair 800d case

Did you do something on it? my motherboard works find though. try to sit the ram, use other memory to try
Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z / i7-2600k / GTX 580 Direct CU II / 120 SSD Vertex 2 / 1GB seagate HDD