Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
Memory: DDR3 16GB
BIOS version 2002
Windows 10 64 bit

PC is still crashing.
corshair link:
CPU temperature 24.7 degrees
ASUSTEK Motherboard CPU Temp 47 degrees

now i know that ASUSTEK temp is limited and shuts off the PC but what is the limit?
because the CPU stays cold.. only the asustek cpu temp is rising..

who knows what to do..
Im lost 😞
10 REPLIES 10

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Stephan030 😄

Those temps are not out of the ordinary, Depends on what you are running and the OC you have set in Bios.
Get to know some good temperature monitoring apps, Exit Aisuite. Try instead: HWMonitor, or CoreTemp.
Your case and PSU are not listed as part of your profile.
Describe in a little more detail, How and why the system crashed.
Very Nice System:p
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

blppt
Level 7
The 9590 is not for the faint of heart---you need some beefy power for it and a new high-end video card. Also, I would suggest turning off turbo in the main menu---amusingly, most of the time you are going to get better benchmarks with it disabled, as the cpu will throttle to lower than 4.7ghz with a good core load anyways (with turbo on), with turbo off and HPC enabled in the CPU menu, it will stay at 4.7--- and the time spent at turbo speeds (5ghz) would be fleeting at best. I have noticed that doing so, plus manually setting some things in the DIGI+ menu to lower levels will lower heat output and remain stable at 4.7 with turbo off. I got it stable with LLC to "regular", Current to 130%, Phase Control Extreme, and Power Duty to Extreme.

Korth
Level 14
CPU 25C, mobo 47C ... those temps are very cool, many systems get hotter (much hotter) while just idling. If your system is crashing then there is a problem, but it looks like your temps have nothing to do with it.

You need a fairly mighty PSU for best stability, especially if you have a heavy GPU. You might be able to squeak by with a 750W or so, but 900W or more would be better, it depends a lot on your GPU and CPU overclocks.

I'll assume that all the power connectors on your mobo and GPU(s) are being used. If not, then you need to plug them all in right away, lol.

Can you list exact models for your PSU, DDR3, GPU(s) and any other cards? And, since you're worried about temps, what kind of chassis (and extra fans or cooling accessories) do you have?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Stephan030
Level 7
the missing parts:

PSU: Corsair AX1200i (1200W)
GPU: AIT Radeon HD 5850 2GB GDDR5 Toxic
Memory: 2x 8192 MB PC3-14900 DDR3 SDRAM Corsair CMP16GX3M2X1866C9
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II

I dont have AI suite running. I have running corsair link running instead. 😉

I dont game much on my computer but when I am gaming I play EVE Online.
And its ****** when your in a fleet with 1500 people in it.

I had no problems with my computer running on win 7
So when i am in EVE online or a shooter after a hour of 2 - 3 it crash without blue screen.
the last 3 weeks i was busy for my work so i had no time to game. but it was running 24/7 to download something 😉
so when I am just scrolling around the internet or watch a movie while streaming of my pc there is no problem at all.
but when i want to play a game.... **Crash**

blppt
Level 7
Not sure how EVE is, but most MMOs are very poor with multi-core threading, so I would be shocked if more than say 2 of the 8 cores on the 9590 are heavily loaded. And you say you had no crashes on windows 7? Odd. Still, if you havent already, try going to the CPU menu in the bios, and disabling everything there--CnQ (make sure it is set to "Always Disabled" not "Disabled by CPU"), C1E, SVM (probably wont fix anything, but wont hurt), C6, HPC, and APM. Then, go to the first tab and disable AMD Turbo Core Technology.

Edit: I wouldnt run permanently with C6 disabled (uses an extra 70 or so idle watts without C6 enabled), but just trying to rule things out.

Korth
Level 14
My suspicion is it's something to do with your HD5850. It's getting to be an old card, it runs (new versions of) old Catalyst drivers, it's probably no longer getting aggressive support so it could be conflicting with recent Windows stuff.

It might still be working flawlessly, and it still seems to be generally adequate to run your game. But it is rather elderly and could be failing.

Try out another GPU card for a while, if you can borrow one from somewhere, and see if your BSoDs disappear.

Or the game itself could have some HD5850-related crash bug - indeed it could just be buggy software which eventually crashes any platform. Some sort of patch or workaround might be available (or perhaps you might be able to motivate the developers to make one). But the easier route is to just identify and upgrade any offending hardware.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Stephan030
Level 7
Sorry blppt i am not that technical any more (IT Governance) 😉
So I dont know where to look (newbie)

@Korth what GPU do you prefer? I just buy a new one 🙂

Korth
Level 14
How much are you willing to spend?

You can find HD79xx or R9-270X cards on craigslist pretty cheap these days, about $50 each or $100 for two (for a CrossFire setup, which your system spec should be able to support). Or you could buy GTX660Ti cards for about the same price. Any of these would outperform your HD5850.

You could buy anything newer or even a brand new card, of course, and get even better performance - more than enough for EVE at HD resolution. An R9-380 or GTX960 would be a little overkill (unless you wanna upgrade to multi-display or 4K resolution) but would also probably be the "worst" (and cheapest) items you could find stocked on store shelves. I would prefer a trio of TitanX cards, if I could afford them, lol.

EVE system requirements appear roughly comparable to World of Warcraft, which is a pretty lightweight load in today's gaming.

Best to not rush out and buy yourself a new GPU card until you're confident that doing so will resolve your system instability.

[/Korth]

Stephan030
Level 7
sorry for the late response.. i expect a lil girl in a few weeks 🙂
but the pc is still freezing.. I have started some logging so i hope it will crash soon 🙂