cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum speed 800/801/802 using AI Suite 3

kookykrazee
Level 7
As noted in the title, I have noticed that my new Hero board has a minimum speed in the bios (updated to 1103) and though CPU-Z shows it as 4.4ghz per setting it up in the software, system says:

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.5Ghz 801 Mhz

and as such it appears that when I setup my new SSD (Samsung 840 EVO 500G) it is feeding the ~800 speed to the Magician which then makes it so I cannot set RAPID.

Having looked through other sites and this forum, I ultimately set the BIOS back to the default and was able to enable it, but upon setting the CPU back to 4.4 I see that Windows, the BIOS and Magician are all seeing that 800 number, not the speed I set my computer at. I have disabled step and C states and want to figure out how I can resolve this so Windows actually doesn't see the 801 (currently) as the minimum and why is it there?

Thanks for your help, whomever(s) can assist me 🙂
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi kookykrazee, Welcome to the ROG community, Do you have the O.C. panel connected?

kookykrazee
Level 7
Thanks for the welcome. I do not have anything connected besides my 8 drives, my GPU, my PCIe card for 2 more drives and my case fans and such. I am really puzzled why W7 thinks that my CPU is really 800mhz, same as what the BIOS thinks the min speed is. CPU-Z does show the 4.4 speed, though.

Nate152
I find it strange your BIOS at 800MHz. and cpu-z at 4400MHz. Let's see what we can find on this.

I guess my question/concern is why is the min speed the BIOS showing 800 (which seems to feed into windows) and as I noted above, system in W7 shows 3.5ghz 801 which causes software like Samsung Magician to not think i have a fast enough CPU. What suggestions do you have to start?

Nate152

Nate152
After uninstalling ai suite III and running the cleaner, power down your machine and clear the CMOS. Start up your machine, go into the bios and hit F5 to set defaults. Set the cpu core ratio to 44 and check to see if the cpu target speed is showing 4400MHz.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please use the F12 with a fat formatted USB stick and take a screenshot of your BIOS showing what you have changed.

Out of interest do you have your power plan set at power save.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Not sure what happened here, but being busy with work and school, I have not had time to check the posts. Getting a break in the action, I realized I had not received any email replies about posts. Can someone tell me why those settings are not working?

Okay, I am going to try and reset the bios and set the ratio to 44 and see where that leaves me. As I was not able to figure out what was going on with the software and now attempting to restart my F@H setup like I used to do, which notes that I must be running a 801Mhz CPU, which of course is not true.

HiVizMan
Level 40
When you say 801MHz where are you seeing this? Would it be in the memory tab by any chance?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.