cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Ranger not booting correctly

walks
Level 7
I've had a search through the forums and haven't found an answer, so thought I would ask my question here.

Currently, when I turn my PC on, the ROG logo appears, followed by the intel RAID setup screen and then the ROG logo again before Windows starts loading.

Recently, when I have been turning my PC on, the ROG logo doesn't display, but the Intel RAID setup screen does. After this, Windows does not load. I have to keep turning the PC on and off and until the ROG logos appear before the PC will boot.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

I originally thought it might be the way my dual monitors were set up. I had 2 vga monitors attached, 1 to the graphics card via a vga to DVI converter and the other to the on board vga connector. A few weeks ago when I removed the monitor connected to the on board vga I didn't have a problem but when I reconnected it the problem came back.
I have since bought a new monitor and now have a single monitor attached to the graphics card via DisplayPort, but the issue remains.
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi walks

Welcome to the ROG forum.

It sounds like there could be a problem with raid or the raid drivers.

How does it boot with 1 ssd?

Thanks for the reply and the welcome Nate.

I'm not using SSDs, I have 2 raptors in RAID. I'll disconnect one of them and see how that goes.

Nate152

So I disconnected 1 of the RAID drives but I'm still getting the same issue.

Nate152

Currently I'm unable to access the bios

I think I may have solved the issue.

I downloaded the latest version of the BIOS to a USB stick (not sure if I had the latest version or not already installed) and used the flashback button to re-flash the BIOS.

Time will tell over the next day or 2 whether this has cured the issue or not!

Nate152

Will do Nate, but so far it's looking good!

Thanks for all your help.