cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VII RANGER iROG3 update problem

Lentono
Level 7
Hi, I'm having a problem with an update called iROG3, I appreciate any help that can be given as to fixing this problem. Thanks. 😄

I just turned on my computer a couple hours ago and it started doing an iROG3 update, I have this laptop so I decided to just leave it to update and it took between 2-3 hours to reach 100% and when it did it just reset and started again at 1%.

I ended up searching the problem and finding this: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48875-BIOS-update-issues!

But when I turned my computer off and on to access the BIOS I pressed F2 and Del to access it but nothing happens, I tried a friends wireless keyboard and mechanical one (all USB connection), but still nothing happens when pressing F2 and Del, I repeatedly restarted my computer to tried over and over but I'm unable to access the BIOS.

I'm not sure if this is the result of a problem from this whole ordeal or just something to do with the keyboard not starting up soon enough to access the BIOS but I'm not able to do anything.

Does anyone have any solutions as to fixing this problem?

Any help will be great, thanks for taking the time to read this and sorry for wasting anyone's time who couldn't help.

As of now I'm still restarting my computer and repeatedly trying, I'll also give trying another USB port but that probably won't change anything.

Edit: Well I've given up on restarting my computer over and over again, probably best to just leave it alone for now, I noticed there is a clear CMOS button on the motherboard, since that will reset the BIOS will it solve the problem? I don't really want to do anything until I'm sure it will fix the problem, or some reassurance that it may fix the problem.

Edit2: There is also something called USB BIOS flashback on the back, will that fix the problem and do I need some sort of software on a USB to do it?

Edit3: *Update* I did a USB BIOS flashback to install the latest BIOS update and used the BIOS renamer utility to correctly name the file but that didn't change anything 😞
I'm going to try doing it with an old BIOS update instead

Edit4: *Update* Tried the clear CMOS and that didn't change anything, also got my hands on a keyboard with a PS/2 connection but that didn't change anything either, I'm going to try doing a BIOS flashback with an old version.

Edit5: *Update* Just did the BIOS flashback to the first release of the BIOS and it did the iROG1 update which then restarted and began the iROG3 update, it's taking forever again so I think it's just the same thing happening again.
6 REPLIES 6

Lentono
Level 7
Bump. Still in need of help 😞

Did you turned off your PC/Laptop while it was updateing iROG thing or you flashed BIOS and turned off you PC/Laptop after that.

I think you should leave PC/Laptop to go trought BIOS update fully not interrupting it while it does(thats how i do).

If you have Asus AI utility in Windows try to downgrade whit that to first BIOS but i can assure you it wont downgrade iROG thing.

Finnaly i think your BIOS chip is tottaly corrupted and you need new one.

Lentono
Level 7
When it first did the iROG3 update it went to 100% and then started again at 1% so I powered it down since it didn't seem normal, I didn't turn off the computer during the BIOS flashback though.

I just did a BIOS flashback to the first release BIOS and that changed things and ended up doing the iROG1 update and finished within about 10 seconds and then it restarted and started the iROG3 update (no iROG2), so now I'm leaving it just in case it actually completes when hitting 100% but something tells me it won't since it's taking forever.

The motherboard is only a month old so I can probably get it replaced, I haven't broke warranty so if this doesn't work then I'm going to contact support and see about its replacement.

Thanks for the reply.

Karlo666
Level 7
Well you shouldnt do that.
My M7H does same thing.
Just let it do whatever it wants.
Seems you will need new BIOS chip.

Lentono
Level 7
But it's an endless loop of updating, I had no choice, if I let it do its thing it would be repeatedly updating over and over until the end of time, I found some more people with the same problem except one of the things I have been doing worked.

I even read this one: "I played with the bios itself. I took it off and scratched the end of the pins by piece of metal, put it back in and it suddenly BOOTED. Everything works perfectly.".

But I'm not doing that, I've put in a request for a replacement and I'm just waiting to see if it goes through or not, I think this problem would apply.

Lentono wrote:
But it's an endless loop of updating, I had no choice, if I let it do its thing it would be repeatedly updating over and over until the end of time, I found some more people with the same problem except one of the things I have been doing worked.

I even read this one: "I played with the bios itself. I took it off and scratched the end of the pins by piece of metal, put it back in and it suddenly BOOTED. Everything works perfectly.".

But I'm not doing that, I've put in a request for a replacement and I'm just waiting to see if it goes through or not, I think this problem would apply.

Look first time when it did iRog thing you shouldnt turn off.Let it update stuff.It surely does something.
Now its broken and only other BIOS chip cound solve issue.

I know from my board it does update few times and restarts and does iROG thing few times.

I wish you luck getting new BIOS chip.