cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Ranger Cold boot issue. Turns on then off, then boots

fabiovtec
Level 9
Hi
This is my first rog board and i dont know if this is normal.
When i start my computer it turns on for millisenconds and shuts off... 1-2 seconds later it turns ON alone and works 100%.
If i shudown the computer and start again, it starts ok, the problem is when i remove the power from the wall.


XFX 650W, latest bios, gskill 2x4gb 1600
All bios settings are default
Sorry for my bad english:p
15,048 Views
16 REPLIES 16

Praz
Level 13
Hello

What you describe is normal. Nothing to be concerned about.

Praz wrote:
Hello

What you describe is normal. Nothing to be concerned about.


Rubbish! That's not normal at all! This "double" boot happens when you enable ERpReady in Bios and use S3 -S4 -S5 . If you disable ERpReady the "double" boot issue is gone. Don't post something that can be fixed as "normal". Do some home work before posting.

jab383
Level 13
That's a "feature" of Asus Maximus, if not many others. They apply some power and clocks, particularly to RAM, then check performance. They train themselves that way, then shut down and start for real. As long as standby power is applied, they remember the training and don't need a double boot. The double happens again every time the PSU is unplugged or switched off.

Jeff

jab383 wrote:
That's a "feature" of Asus Maximus, if not many others. They apply some power and clocks, particularly to RAM, then check performance. They train themselves that way, then shut down and start for real. As long as standby power is applied, they remember the training and don't need a double boot. The double happens again every time the PSU is unplugged or switched off.

Jeff
It's not a "feature" at all. where do you get your information from? Asus does not mention a "feature" like this in any manual . You make things up!

This "double" boot happens if you enable ERpReady in Bios. If you disable it the "double" boot goes away!

fabiovtec
Level 9
Thanks for your help guys 😮

Praz
Level 13
Hello

You're welcome. 🙂

This cold boot is a nightmare.
On gene v I had no such problem....
I'm looking a solution this issue (some settings, bios/uefi ver. or incompatibility hardware), if not i will sell this mainboard or kill it ... 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
I suggest ebay.

There is no problem, that is how it is meant to be. If your system is OC in any way and constantly does the double boot it means your OC is not stable.

Most of the time it is simply the memory being retrained and happens when there has been a no power event, such as after a hard shut down when you remove power from the PSU or power off at the wall.

And did you know in some countries killing a motherboard counts as matricide. 😄 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
I suggest ebay.

There is no problem, that is how it is meant to be. If your system is OC in any way and constantly does the double boot it means your OC is not stable.

Most of the time it is simply the memory being retrained and happens when there has been a no power event, such as after a hard shut down when you remove power from the PSU or power off at the wall.

And did you know in some countries killing a motherboard counts as matricide. 😄 😄


WRONG! if you enable ERpReady in Bios you will get the "double" boot. If you disable, no more "double" boot.