cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero Trouble with Front Base

quentinsane
Level 7
Hy Everyone

I have a little Issue with the Front Panel. Since the latest update came out, i Installed it with the Hero MB and everything works fine, except for the CPU Freq display. It simply freezes after startup and i cant see what clock speed i currently have.

I installed the ROG Connector PLus, the drivers restarted, took it off the Power Unit etc. Is there something im Missing? Cause everything else works fine, and when Plugged into the USB Unit the Frontbase also displays everything correctly....

Any advises?
6 REPLIES 6

chevell65
Level 12
The following thread talks about this problem which appears to occur with the bios 1104. Apparently the problem is solved with the latest driver version 1.01.11 but maybe not solved. Can't test myself. Try the 1104 bios and the latest driver version.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?47735-Problem-with-asus-front-bases-and-maximus-vii-hero-fi...

Quoted from page 5>> Found a "new" ROG Front Base firmware available from ASUS.

www.service.asus.com

Path: Support, Download Now, Select Model Manually and press Start, PC components click Motherboard, in the Series column click Add-on card, in the right column Model scroll down and click ROG Front Base and finally select your OS.
Click Confirm.

Under Utilities download the version 1.01.11

It looks like you already tried this. I see the same problem with CPU v-core reporting in the AI.

quentinsane
Level 7
Yeah the firmware is on version 47, upgraded from 44 if im not mistaken and bios is 1104... so the rest is working just fine, and refreshing, but the CPU doesnt Move after few seconds after restart. When i Use the Frontbase over USB it works fine, but without OC function... tahts unfortunate 😞

I hope someone else has this Problem, im Using

Maximus VII Hero MB
I7-4770K Core

i guess the rest doestn matter in this case

InToSSH
Level 7
Hello, yea I was just testing that today.. First problem was flashing the FW to V44 (I dont know what you mean with V47, i think the V44 is the last one) so as I said in that other post, thats the way how to update it. After that, be sure to reinstall the driver itselfs one again, reboot the PC and dont forget to reinstall the AI Suite 3 with version from Front Base support site. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/HelpDesk_Download/

Then reboot once again, and it seems to be working now, the CPU Freq is updating like every 3 seconds on my Front base according to CPU load (and currently used multiplier), even the OC button is working, OCing my 4770k to 4.2GHz on lvl1 and 4.4GHz on lvl2.

Hopefully you will get it to work aswell.. If you need some more info, you can ask and I will try to help you.
Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) / Core i7-8700k / Asus Strix GTX1070 Ti / Corsair Vengeance LED RED DDR4 4x8GB @ 2666Mhz / SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SSD / 4TB WD Red / CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro / Corsair H100i v2 / Corsair CX750M

Nope, still stuck at cpu speed... hope asus will fix that soon cause im apparently not the only one with this problem... After reinstalling everything it just doesnt work... a shame:mad:

quentinsane
Level 7
Ah true, it was the Updater which was version 4.7 got a bit confused there. i tried to connect directly aswell and apparently i does work to update. I have also reinstalled the drivers etc, only the ai suite hasnt been installed from the Front Base support site. ill try this and lets see if this works

Otherwise i dont really know wha t do do anymore