cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero Beta Bios 3503 is available

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Just saw it on the product page but haven't installed it yet.:rolleyes:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO/MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-3503.zip?_ga=2.16...
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932
20 REPLIES 20

blacklord049 wrote:
Any other review ?
Should we expect a non beta bios or not ?

If we consider how long it took them to develop this one I would think that if they don't receive any complaints over this one they'd finalize it. Otherwise I would expect for them to tweak it to address any reported complaints and then release it in finalized form.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

Just wanted to bump this thread as it's still listed as Beta nearly a year later. I just installed the previous BIOS 3201 since Im a little sketchy about using a Beta version. Anybody know if there will be a new BIOS this year? I'm trying to get my M2 drive to work but having trouble, gonna post my own thread.

Puffnstuff
Level 10
Have any of you guys had any problems with your nvidia graphics cards/drivers since installing this firmware? I've had several issues of black screens and some blue screens at boot but I'm not certain whether or not its from this bios or from a MS CU. It seemed to get worse with each new driver install so I've rolled back to version 390.77 and will see whether or not it makes a difference.

MrFriendism
Level 7
Hi, I am sorry to hear this. If you don't mind answer some questions to me:

1. Which Windows Version are you running right now?

2. Which BIOS version do you think is the most stable for the Windows 10 and Nvidia Graphics Card (GTX 970)?

Thanks.

MrFriendism wrote:
Hi, I am sorry to hear this. If you don't mind answer some questions to me:

1. Which Windows Version are you running right now?

2. Which BIOS version do you think is the most stable for the Windows 10 and Nvidia Graphics Card (GTX 970)?

Thanks.

Hi, I would request if you could answer my questions.

I'll be thankful.

Thanks

MrFriendism wrote:
Hi, I would request if you could answer my questions.

I'll be thankful.

Thanks

It does the 4.8ghz auto overclock, but it seems very unstable with the default numbers it decides to "sense" and dial in.

Any suggestions on how to get a stable 4.8-5.0? I am on AIO Corsair H105 water cooling.

Been using Bios 3503 beta for about a week and seems very stable Overclocks all ok no noticable performance drop in Gaming A OK

Puffnstuff
Level 10
After rolling back the driver to 390.77 I've not had any of the black screens so I'm still uncertain of the root cause as MS has also issued several CU's since that time.

hapjackin
Level 7
This is a late question for this topic, sorry, I didn't know where else to ask.

** On updating BIOS for Hero VII**, I have been running BIOS 3201 since it came out with zero issues. My old school learning tells me that I should only update the BIOS if there are issues. Or maybe if there are some ingenious, can't live without, updates. Does BIOS beta 3202 or BIOS beta 3203 have anything that I may need? Or can anyone make a case to update to either of these?

Thanks in advance, and I hope someone checks this thread out and can help me out in this answer. 🙂

Weard_K
Level 7
It seems to me that the support for these old boards has already ended. And BIOS will not be updated.