cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Formula Front USB 3.0

bffighter233
Level 7
I recently purchased the VII formula. My only concern is I have the antec three hundred two case and it doesn't seem to fit the usb panel or it is rather tight. I'm not sure if it actually aligns and would fit though. Anyone have the same case and moba with this issue? Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
4 REPLIES 4

Norcus
Level 8
The USB3.0 header on the board is standard. The plug should fit snugly and there is only one way to plug it in. There is one pin "missing" on the header that should align where there is also a hole "missing" in the plug. Maybe a pin is bent?

bffighter233
Level 7
There are no bent pins. It won't even fit in the first place. It seems my front usb 3.0 plug is too thick for it. Is there some sort of converter or another viable option besides removing the armor?

Norcus
Level 8
You are trying to insert the plug in the wrong place. Check your manual and find the USB3.0 header on the motherboard.

bffighter233
Level 7
Yes, that is where I have been trying to insert it. It really won't fit. Just to be clear since I just realized I only said it didn't fit. The USB 3.0 plug is won't fit the armor itself. It doesn't even get to reach the pins itself.