cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero - TG Header?

Sherbat
Level 7
Hello,

I have one simple question, what is the TG_HEADER at the bottom of the Maximus VI Hero (it is left of the CLRTC jumper)?
I haven't been able to find any actual info regarding this header. Reviews just list it in the specs, and it isn't in the manual either. My other searches have been fruitless, also I haven't found other boards with this header (by searching for the name anyway), so either the name, the header or perhaps both seem unique to the M6H.

The board itself I am perfectly happy with, but I am just quite curious. 🙂 Can anyone answer my question?

Perhaps I should include a picture.
Maximus VI Hero / i5 4670K / GTX 760 / 8GB DDR3 1600 / Seasonic M12II 650
7 REPLIES 7

Sherbat
Level 7
So,

?

Sherbat
Level 7
Alright, one more extension to this monologue. Surely I'm not the only person who would like to know?

HiVizMan
Level 40
For some reason I do associate it with the Thunderbolt header.

To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

tObber
Level 7
that was my thought too, as i have a similar question regarding Maximus VI Extreme.

It is labeled TB_Header, and it looks different

(left section on the picture)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Can try and find out if it is important.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sherbat
Level 7
I wouldn't call it important, the header is not advertised, it's just I would really like to know what its function might be. Thanks for giving it some thought.

I didn't know about the TB_HEADER, apparently it was/is for an Asus ThunderboltEX card. As far as I have searched now it hasn't come out(, yet?). It was supposed to come out for Z77 boards even, according to this article there are licensing issues.
The TG_HEADER only has 3 pins, the TB one has 9. This however does shed some light on the situation, it could be a header for a possible future upgrade I guess, like the TB header.

This hasn't exactly made me less curious 🙂 so HiVizMan, I'd really appreciate it if you could get some information.

HiVizMan
Level 40
No worries I will see what I can find out.