cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI Hero POST Issues with EVGA GTX 1070

desolator4u
Level 7
Hey people,

I've been using my EVGA GTX 1070 Black Edition with my Maximus VI Hero for about 3 months now. No issues. A few days ago my PC refused to POST. It powers on for a few seconds, then goes off then back on in a constant loop. No beeps and the debug LCD shows no errors. The one unusual thing is the video card's fans spin at full speed (4000RPM). That never happens when I power on my PC before nor while gaming or stress test.

Changed PCI-E power cable. Same prob. I cleared CMOS and same prob. Removed GPU and PC works fine with onboard (CPU) graphics. In the BIOS/UEFI I changed primary display adapter from Auto to PCIE and that allowed it to POST and boot up with the GPU. PC works perfectly fine. I run Furmark and play games maxed for hours with no issues at all.

I went to bed, tried it in the morning and the same thing happened again with the endless reboots and GPU fan on max. I press the reset button on the motherboard itself (which from my knowledge is just to do a restart) and it boots up. I restart, it boots up again BUT the GPU fan goes to max speed for like 2 seconds then slows down.

The GPU works flawlessly once the PC boots up so I don't see why that should be faulty. At one point the BIOS showed my 1st PCI-E x16 slot with the graphics card at x0 which was odd (if empty it shows "not present")

It seems that when I leave my PC off for a few hours, I encounter this problem now. I have no extra hardware to swap out and try. I don't know what to suspect nor how to fix this and I need your help.
8700K / Noctua U12S / Maximus X Hero / 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti / Seasonic Prime 650W / 4 x 1TB SSD / 970 Pro 512GB M.2 / Game Zero Headset / K95 Platinum / Logitech G502 / Win 10 x64/ ViewSonic XG2701 1080p 144Hz
0 REPLIES 0